Travel with visa requirements?

kmavb

Wondering if anyone knows the travel requirements for a Canadian Permanent Landed Immigrant (British Citizen) who wants to cruise to Alaska??? What documents are needed?
Is there any reason why you can't just travel on the Visa Waiver Program with your British passport, just as if you were popping over to the US? The only other thing you need to make sure is that your right to re-enter Canada is documented, but that's probably in your British passport too.

I am not all that familiar with the Visa Waiver thing. The US consulate website is not easy to navigate through or understand? That's why I'm asking if anyone has info on it. Please help

Have you tried this page from the website of the US Embassy in London?

It's fundamentally the same as arriving in the US by air. You don't need a visa in advance, just your passport. You need to fill in a green immigration form (I-94W, unless its name has changed) before you get cleared by the immigration inspector - that's the colour of form for people using the VWP.

Archived