W/C rental at Buchart Gardens

Has anyone gone to the gardens and used the free w/c there? I am taking my 83yo mom and she can't walk very far. They say they have a "limited # of W/Cs for free with deposit. Has anyone gotten there and they were all in use? Also if you go on a ship's tour, is it a guided tour? Or are the gardens all self tour? Thanks!

I've never heard of them running out of wheelchairs', however I guess it is a possibility. The Garden's are a self tour. If you're going on a ship's tour, make sure the bus driver knows to let the Gardens staff know when he enters that you will need a wheelchair so that they can meet you right at the bus with the chair. While there are lots of steps there, you can pretty well see all of the gardens via pathways.

THank you for the info. Their web site just says there are a limited amount available on a 1st come 1st serve basis. I was worried we would get there and my mom would have to sit at the entrance while we waited for someone to bring a chair back. I feel better now, Thanks!

Hey there are worst places to sit than the entrance to Butchart Gardens. While the bus parking lot is just that a parking lot, she wouldn't have to walk too far to find a bench among the flowers. The staff at the Gardens are wonderful, I'm sure they'll take care good care of you and your mother.

Archived