Diving in Belize....ship or private tour?

jnh1

Hello-

My husband is a diver and this is our first time going to Belize. We've done a little research about Belize and it appears that the best place to dive is the Atoll Turnoff (spelling?). I understand that Sea sport Belize goes to the reef but not Atoll...but heard that the ships excursion goes there. Does anyone know if Carnival Glory's diving excursion takes you to Atoll?? In the past, we've always enjoyed booking our tours separately from the cruise, but my husband wants to go to the best place that he can..so if it's with the ship, then he'd rather book with them. Appreciate any comments or info anyone can provide.

Thank you!

Hough Parkey's is the dive operator for all of the cruise ships in Belize. I dove with them in May when I was on the Elation. They will pick you up at the cruise ship so you will not have to worry about tendering in. This will save time.

Although bottem times with them are a bit limiting, the atoll offers great dives and the staff will accomodate you and put you in a group with divers with the same skill level. The DM I had was the best I had ever had. He was really good about naming and pointing out all of the creatures for you.

In other ports, I generally book private tours, but in Belize I think this is really the only sound option.

We did the 2 tank Turneffe Atoll dive from Carnival Inspiration Sept 2, 2004. It was $145 w/out equipt $165 w/equipt.

We also thought it was well worth the extra cost. They pick you up and drop you off at the boat, HUGE plus.

I would highly recommend Belize Dive Connection for your scuba needs. Look them up on the internet for more information. They will gladly answer any questions you may have.

Have fun!

Hello-

My husband is a diver and this is our first time going to Belize. We've done a little research about Belize and it appears that the best place to dive is the Atoll Turnoff (spelling?). I understand that Sea sport Belize goes to the reef but not Atoll...but heard that the ships excursion goes there. Does anyone know if Carnival Glory's diving excursion takes you to Atoll?? In the past, we've always enjoyed booking our tours separately from the cruise, but my husband wants to go to the best place that he can..so if it's with the ship, then he'd rather book with them. Appreciate any comments or info anyone can provide.

Thank you!

We used Sea Sport Belize a couple of years ago, and loved them. They do list on their website that they go to Turneffe Atoll, so you might shoot them an e-mail and see what they can offer on the date you're in Belize. We did the barrier reef due to time constraints with our cruise, but had a terrific time. John is a great DM, and really funny as well. We did tender into town, but they dropped us at the ship after the dives were done. I'd use them again in a heartbeat!

Archived