Internet TA question

Brotherbugs

Hello, I am new to the board and new to cruising. I am planning on my first cruise in January (1/11 on the Legend - very excited!). I have been doing a lot of research and I love this board. Anyway, I put in a request on *************.com and have narrowed it down to two travel agencies. I am a little nervouse since this is my first cruise and a lot of $$ (for me anyway). Am I allowed to post their names here so that I can get feedback from anyone who has used them? If not, what suggestions do you have?

Thank you for your help!

FYI - I have also posted this under the First Time Cruise section, but have not had any responses yet.

I do not think you are suppose to list agency names here. Is this a Carnival cruise? Have you thought about booking directly with the cruise line? The only reason I ask is because when booking with an agency or online site they have control of the booking. Then how hard will that be to make a change later if need be. Booking with the cruise line you just call them up and make the change instead of having a middle man having to make the change for you. Now if you were getting a price better than the cruise line was offering then it maybe worth it. I do know sometimes sites will offer on board credit and thing like that. I booked a cruise with the agency that advertises here and they gave us $100 credit per stateroom years back.

If it were me, i would get pricing from all three, two TA's and a PVP. When booked our last two cruises; the TA was cheaper than PVP. so i suggest check them all out in pricing everytime.

as far as if TA is reputable. i would look for reviews of TA. look at website to see if they have a reputable looking website, etc.

atr

I booked a cruise 2 days ago with the online site where several different agencies bid for your business. I think this is what you are talking about. Anyway, I booked with the one that gave me $125 onboard credit. I did check with the cruise line directly and there was no OBC to be offered.

I would not hesitate to book this way. Every little bit helps.

Hello, I am new to the board and new to cruising. I am planning on my first cruise in January (1/11 on the Legend - very excited!). I have been doing a lot of research and I love this board. Anyway, I put in a request on *************.com and have narrowed it down to two travel agencies. I am a little nervouse since this is my first cruise and a lot of $$ (for me anyway). Am I allowed to post their names here so that I can get feedback from anyone who has used them? If not, what suggestions do you have?

Thank you for your help!

FYI - I have also posted this under the First Time Cruise section, but have not had any responses yet.

Brotherbugs,

Welcome to Cruise Critic, however discussion of Travel Agents is not allowed on the Cruise Critic Message Boards.

Please feel free to read through the community guidelines if you have questions as to what types of information can be included in posts.

Thanks!

Archived