Light & Sound Technician Vs. DJ

I tried to book the dj and was told that the dj was already booked. So I had to book the Light & Sound Tech. My coordinator says that the only difference is that I must bring my own music which is fine, but I was just wondering if anyone has used the light and sound technician before.

My daughter and I were wondering the same thing. She wants a DJ but she is not crazy about the disco for her reception. Medusas Lair is where it is held if you hire the DJ, it has lots of bright snakes everywhere:( . She was told she could pay the fee for the lighting and sound man. My question is if we bring the music who will play it us?

I hope someone on here has done this before. Would love more info on this. Anyone??

• 4 weeks later...

I called the Carnival WC to decide on which room and music and basically the DJ comes with his own music. You can provide the music you want for the special songs but the DJ takes care of the rest of the music. He will announce the couple / bridal party / family as they enter the reception. Basically you are hiring an MC for the time you are there!

The light and sound technician doesnt say much and only plays the music you provide them with. They have no music at all. There can be a microphone present if anyone in your party wants to say something but that is pretty much it.

My dilemma is I want the DJ since I wouldnt know what kind of music to bring along anyway but we are getting married on the Miracle and the only place the DJ can go is in Frankensteins Lab! So now we need to decide if we are cool with Frankenstein in the room LOL!! I understand the photographers do all they can do keep the GIANT Frankenstein out of the pic!!

My daughter decided to go with the piano player and booked it for her Legend wedding. I think it is going to be wonderful, have heard good things about the piano player on this ship.

Archived