Dolphin Encounter and/or Swin

AtoZgirl

I've been to Cozumel before and love the place! I know I want to go explore but it has always been a wish of mine to swin with the Dolphins. I've heard excellent reviews and I think now would be a good time to try it, especially in Cozumel. Not to mention it won't take up the whole day... maybe an hour or two.

I want to know whats the best place to book through. Let me know your personal experience or what you've heard. (Like, is it worth a $50 price difference to have some private time with the dolphins, other than the hug, kiss, etc ie: the encounter versus the royal swim) Pictures would be nice, too. I know booking through the ship is a lot more expensive, so I'm 99% sure I'll go through the company I choose, directly. Thanks in advance.

I've been to Cozumel before and love the place! I know I want to go explore but it has always been a wish of mine to swin with the Dolphins. I've heard excellent reviews and I think now would be a good time to try it, especially in Cozumel. Not to mention it won't take up the whole day... maybe an hour or two.

I want to know whats the best place to book through. Let me know your personal experience or what you've heard. (Like, is it worth a $50 price difference to have some private time with the dolphins, other than the hug, kiss, etc ie: the encounter versus the royal swim) Pictures would be nice, too. I know booking through the ship is a lot more expensive, so I'm 99% sure I'll go through the company I choose, directly. Thanks in advance.

I think the Royal Swim is well worth the extra cost. It includes the Foot Push, where you're pushed so fast across the pool by the dolphins that you rise out of the water like Superman! It also includes the exciting dorsal tow, where you are pulled across the water by two dolphins while holding on their dorsal fins. The Encounter is great for small kids, and for those who are not comfortable in deep water, but for all others, the Royal Swim is much more exciting.

Our cruise was 3/30 to 4/6 so we just came back and we did the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab park. Here is the link to the place where we booked that excursion and I was quite happy w/our encounter but they also have the swim too. We were able to see it as we waited for our turn and they seem to give plenty of time to do everything that they've promised.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Dolphin

Have fun!!

Our cruise was 3/30 to 4/6 so we just came back and we did the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab park. Here is the link to the place where we booked that excursion and I was quite happy w/our encounter but they also have the swim too. We were able to see it as we waited for our turn and they seem to give plenty of time to do everything that they've promised.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Dolphin

Have fun!!

Mommy2four -

I'm probably the only one in my group that will want to do this. What could the other people do while there? Are they allowed to watch?

Mommy2four -

I'm probably the only one in my group that will want to do this. What could the other people do while there? Are they allowed to watch?

The site you posted has the picture of the Chankanaab park. People can sit on that wall and watch as you are in the water right in front of them. But also, they can go snorkling or just out on the beach. I do have to say that it was not a smooth beach as in you have a gradual sandy beach that takes you into the water. It is more of rocks right at the edge and there are ladders that help you get to the water. Now, I do have to say that there was a covered spot w/about 8 or so hammocks that you could just relax in and right next to them were a whole bunch of palm trees, man! it was wonderful. So yeah, there will be things they can do other than wait.

Also, they have lockers and you just use the key attached to the locker, so don't worry about your stuff.

Archived