Sands Legend Show vs Rain Forrest excursion

misty57

Next January we're on Liberty which visits SJ 3pm to 10pm. This doesn't seem like enough time to see or do much. Would like to see the rain forrest, but if it gets dark soon I don't relish the thought of traveling the roads in the dark ( a co-worker's family is from PR and she said the roads are steep and winding and scary). Years ago on our first 7 day cruise we stopped in PR, we shopped in the morning on our own, and in the evening went on a ship's excursion to Sands to see the Legend show which was pretty amusing. I do not see that listed as an excursion now. Has anyone been to this hotel and seen the show recently? I wonder if it would even fit in with the short stay in port. Any ideas?

It has been a while!

The Sands hotel has a new owner and there is no more Hollywood Legends show.

Being in port from 3p-10p is pretty bad. And I think it is a Monday night, so that makes it worse!

It gets dark at about 6pm in January, so it isn't a lot of time to rent a car and get out to the rainforest. If are worried about driving, go with the ships tour, they will do the driving!

There are a few things to do in port at night. Maybe a walking tour, or for adventurers, the zipline excursion. See what is on the cruise excursion list to give you ideas.

Archived