The Celebration is almost over.

DarthGrady

Don't do the trip everyday but on the afternoons, after a long day at work, it was great to see Celebration in port as I drove over the Dames point bridge. Just knowing all those folks were going to have a great time brought back many memories of past cruises. Be great to see another ship in her place real soon.

The Celebration was my sister's first cruise ( and hooked her on cruising!) The Celebration was my second cruise. I was hooked by the Spirit! The Celebration will be special to me because my sister and I went on the ship together, no hubbies and no kids! We had a blast. I am sad to see the Celebration go.

Julie

I hope someone will post a review of the final cruise...

I am sure it was very different...since not only did the passengers disembark, but I am sure most of the crew did as well.

She is still my favorite ship...small, great friendly crew, great for a small town guy like me...

For us who love small ships, we must survive with the Holiday or the Fantasy ships now...but it will be interesting to see how things change when the new ship gets to Jaxport...

For us who love small ships, we must survive with the Holiday or the Fantasy ships now...but it will be interesting to see how things change when the new ship gets to Jaxport...

I had not thought of it that way, but you are right. Then, when Holiday is retired all the Fantasy Class ships will be the smallest in the fleet. All I can remember is how HUGE I thought the Sensation was when I first boarded her back in 98!

I hope someone will post a review of the final cruise...

I am sure it was very different...since not only did the passengers disembark, but I am sure most of the crew did as well.

She is still my favorite ship...small, great friendly crew, great for a small town guy like me...

JABEE,,,

When is your next cruise...??

The Celebration was the first cruise we took with our girls, then 11 and 7 in 2000. They have been hooked ever since. DH and I had cruised earlier ('85 and '87), but took a break to do the Disney thing when the girls were younger. This summer the girls, now 19 and 15, will go on their 9th cruise and are looking forward to going Platinum next summer with number 10. It all started on the Celebration out of New Orleans.

Archived