Fishing Recs for Juneau, Skagway, and Prince Rupert

springtxbill

For what it's worth, my husband and I are using Alaskan Marine Adventures out of Juneau in September. Prices are reasonable. Captain Case has been friendly and knowledgable and Jolee his office manager has been wonderful to work with. Here's their URL:

http://www.charter-alaska.com/Alaskan_Marine_Adventures/How_To_Book.html

They take a minimum of 4 and maximum of 6 people. We're looking for salmon and they'll package and ship whatever you catch.

Happy Fishing!!

Renee

PS I did not reserve through the ship but directly through Alaskan Marine Adventures. I did a lot of research on this because we really wanted to go fishing. I'll check for other URLs that might be helpful.

I set up a private fly fishing tour for my Dad and brother with Butch Laughlin of Alaska fish n' fly charters. They had a blast and saw bears while walking through the woods, whales while flying in the plane, and caught many freshwater fish. Butch and his wife Sarah were very friendly. It was just the two of them and one other man on this trip.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be on the Rhapsody Sept 12 and my husband is the only one who wants to fishing. I have a few options (it needs to be in Juneau) but there's always that minimum of 4 people. I don't want to book and have to pay for 4 when it's only my DH.

Does anyone else want to go (September 14th)? Or should I just go ahead and book, hoping that 3 more will sign up before then?

Thanks!

Cori

I will be on the Rhapsody the last week of June and am looking for recommendations on fishing at each of these ports.:)

We also wanted to try our luck with salmon fishing in Skagway, upon going over our options we chose Fat Salmon Charters http://www.fatsalmoncharters.com/

We'll be there 5/21 on the Pearl so I'll give you a review on how the trip goes when I get back home.

Archived