Questions on cruising and atlantis

23sluvsg

I am going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in July and have a few questions.

1) Can you take your own sodas/water on board and you just pack them in your luggage?

2) We do not have passports. Anyone have any problems using their birth certificates/driver's licenses?

3)I am thinking about getting a hotel room at Comfort Suites so I can go to Atlantis cheaper. Has anyone had trouble checking in early? Web site says 3pm but I want to go to Atlantis around 10am. Will they give you the bracelets without having the room ready?

4) Does anyone know if the rooms have safes in them or if Atlantis has lockers you can rent? (for passports/ birth certificates)

5) on the stop at Coco Cay do you have to take your ID's with you? Do they have locker's you can rent?

Thanks for any help you can give me!:)

1) Can you take your own sodas/water on board and you just pack them in your luggage?

yes you can.. i just carried mine in my carryon and had no problems.. some people pack them in their checked bags just make sure they are plastic bottles so they have a less chance of breaking open.

2) We do not have passports. Anyone have any problems using their birth certificates/driver's licenses?

no problem.. husband used his.

3)I am thinking about getting a hotel room at Comfort Suites so I can go to Atlantis cheaper. Has anyone had trouble checking in early? Web site says 3pm but I want to go to Atlantis around 10am. Will they give you the bracelets without having the room ready?

we did that as well.. checked in around 10:15-10:30am.. just had to wait for a few to check out first and we were on our way. they will give you cards at the front desk when you check in and you take them over to one of the towel huts at atlantis to get your wrist bands.

4) Does anyone know if the rooms have safes in them or if Atlantis has lockers you can rent? (for passports/ birth certificates)

you don't have to take your passports off the ship.. just your sign and sail card and your drivers license. they do have safes in the rooms atleast on carnival they do. . if royal does I would just leave your stuff in there.. they also have lockers to rent at atlantis.. you can only pay with credit cards or they charge them to your room.. as well as for food purchases. also food is very pricey.. i would suggest if you want to not spend as much eat off the property. . they have quiznos and some other places within walking distance.. otherwise prices are like 9 bucks just for a cheeseburger.

23sluvsg,

So I have a question for ya. You stated that you are checking into the Comfort suites to get into the Atlantis cheaper? May I ask what's that all about? My husband and I would like to go to Atlantis, but honestly we do not want to pay $105.00 just to have access of the property without any meals or drinks included. But we would love to go there if it is cheaper!

Well, I have read from other posts that you can rent a room at Comfort Suites and have full access to Atlantis. You still have to pay for food. There are 4 of us going and the cruise ship charges $159.00 per person for 4 hours. If we rent a room- it's around $200 and all 4 of up can go ALL day!

We did this back in march.. if anyone has any other questions let me know.. would be happy to answer them. Also have photos in my photo album. . just click the link under my signature.. the atlantis and bahamas pics are the last 5 or 6 pages. Was alot of fun!

Well, I have read from other posts that you can rent a room at Comfort Suites and have full access to Atlantis. You still have to pay for food. There are 4 of us going and the cruise ship charges $159.00 per person for 4 hours. If we rent a room- it's around $200 and all 4 of up can go ALL day!

We're about to go on our first cruise with RCL in July and are looking into the $159 Aquaventure. The excursion info says 4 hours for some reason but then shows 4-8 hours later. I believe it is an all day thing - the ferry leaves from the dock about 9:15 and you can stay there at least until the last ferry comes back at 5:00. You can even stay longer if you take a taxi back to the ship.

We're about to go on our first cruise with RCL in July and are looking into the $159 Aquaventure. The excursion info says 4 hours for some reason but then shows 4-8 hours later. I believe it is an all day thing - the ferry leaves from the dock about 9:15 and you can stay there at least until the last ferry comes back at 5:00. You can even stay longer if you take a taxi back to the ship.

The pools all close at 5 pm - may be 6 in the summer.

Archived