Tipping policy

loverofpepsi

you can make arrangements with the pursers offfice about paying tips on your own. they state tips will be taken out on your bill, however I always go to the purser and tell them I will take care of my own tips, never had a problem with that.

You can do a search on tipping to get ALOT of info. The tipping policy is $10 per person, per day, kid or adult. It is charged to your S&S card. You can always pay a little extra in cash if you feel you got great service. Also, any of your bartender/pool waiters are not included, but they do auto add 15% grats to the drinks...

Where they came up with it:

The total amount will be $10 per guest, per day, which breaks down as follows:

• $5.50 pp/pd for Dining Team Service (Headwaiter and Waiter)
  • $1 pp/pd for Bistro Service (Waiter/Cooks)
  • $3.50 pp/pd for Cabin Services (Cabin Steward)

Tipping the Maitre D' is strictly at guest's discretion, based upon services rendered. For guests who wish to extend this gratuity in cash, an envelope will be available on the last evening of the cruise.

Tipping still applies regardless of the dining options selected, such as eating at the casual dining restaurant or utilizing room service.

Not sure why it would include the Camp Carnival staff since the majority of cruisers are not using Camp Carnival. That would be similar to including the Spa Staff, or tips to the hairdressers... :rolleyes:

Not sure why it would include the Camp Carnival staff since the majority of cruisers are not using Camp Carnival. That would be similar to including the Spa Staff, or tips to the hairdressers... :rolleyes:

I agree,but to suggest a tipping amount,yet exclude certain people does not seem right. All those with children should be charged a suggested amount on their S&S for the camp Carnival staff. It does not seem right for CCL to specifically mention the Maitre'd when he is an officer.

Steve

Is the Camp Carnival staff paid more than the others.........is that maybe why they are not even mentioned in the Carnival brochure regarding tipping? If that's the case, then tipping would be at the discretion of the people actually using the service.

Yes, they are...

The standard tipping are for service employees that make $1.50 per day... it makes perfect sense... everyone uses the room steward and everyone eats... I think the majority of people tip the counselors in CC, however, they are paid more than the service employees...

I agree,but to suggest a tipping amount,yet exclude certain people does not seem right. All those with children should be charged a suggested amount on their S&S for the camp Carnival staff. It does not seem right for CCL to specifically mention the Maitre'd when he is an officer.

Steve

What about the Captain?

You guys are tooooo funny! :D

Other than the standard tips as discussed above, you will also want to tip for room service, spa services and Camp Carnival if you use it. You may even want to tip a favorite bartender.

Archived