Freedom Class Aft Cabins?

Loved the aft balcony it was actually deeper than the side ones. It was a long walk to things but on the other hand, very private:)

I did not notice the vibration, the views are awesome....try it once and you'll be hooked!:)

We were in 7708, the corner aft, and the balcony was incredible. I don't know if I would call what you feel a vibration. The ship seems to shimmy more in the aft, the primary motion (on relatively calm waters) was more of a port to starbord movement. We did hit 10-12' seas one day and because of the wave direction the ship rolled quite a bit more that the other days and you didn't notice the shimmy as much. There was a definate vibration when they were docking and they throttle up the engines to slow down, but that was for a very short period of time.

Has anybody stayed in cabin 8410 on Freedom or Liberty?

On the deck plans the balcony appears to be much larger than other category E1's.

Also is there more vibration in the aft cabins?

We stayed in cabin 7410 on the Freedom a few weeks ago. The balcony had 5 chairs and a table - lots of room. We did not feel any vibrations, didn't see any soot and the walk back to the cabin was fine. All common concerns people have with Aft cabins. The cabin for the two of us was great and really enjoyed it.

The only issue I had with the aft cabin is you are looking through the ships super structure and that's not insignificant! If you've ever worn a football helmet with a face mask, it's the same idea. If you don't mind looking at the ships structure you'll be fine.

We stayed in cabin 7410 on the Freedom a few weeks ago. The balcony had 5 chairs and a table - lots of room. We did not feel any vibrations, didn't see any soot and the walk back to the cabin was fine. All common concerns people have with Aft cabins. The cabin for the two of us was great and really enjoyed it.

The only issue I had with the aft cabin is you are looking through the ships super structure and that's not insignificant! If you've ever worn a football helmet with a face mask, it's the same idea. If you don't mind looking at the ships structure you'll be fine.

Thats a great analogy. Like watching a ballgame through a fence. It does disappear from your view after awhile. I neave have a problem on the Voyager and Freedom corner afts.

We were a few cabins down from Bayman and we did have soot on our balcony. I was suprised because the balconey was pretty much covered. The only way that I can imagine it got on the balcony was through the port side opening and with a little help from the wind got spread onto the balconey. It wasn't a lot and we got it cleaned up.

I am in 8410 on Liberty in May. I have been trying to switch my cabin but was told my insurance would no longer be valid if I did.

I am trying to switch for space. Also, I saw that 8410 has a small door with a window in it and not the double door glass panes. I have read some favorable and not so favorable reviews about that cabin. I read it was very dark in there because of the small window.

Does anyone know if you can access the stairs next to 7410 aft on the Freedom to go up to the Windjammer? I had the same cabin/location 7388 on the VOS in Feb and noticed there was a set of stairs next to the cabin for the crew. Has anyone ever used them to cut down on going back and forth to midship for the elevators/stairs?:confused:

I think I am beginning to regret switching to 8410. It was only after I switched rooms that I noticed on the deck plans that it does say(in small writing) that 8410 only has a single door, window and obstructed view:mad: I did phone RCI UK today to ask what the obstruction was but to be honest they were as useful as a chocolate teapot. The cabin next door 8412 is still available but is the balcony as large? and 8412 is next door to a family suite and I am concerned that there could be excessive noise with the amount of people a family suite can hold.

Question is do I stick with 8410 or move to 8412? Any advice?

I think I am beginning to regret switching to 8410. It was only after I switched rooms that I noticed on the deck plans that it does say(in small writing) that 8410 only has a single door, window and obstructed view:mad: I did phone RCI UK today to ask what the obstruction was but to be honest they were as useful as a chocolate teapot. The cabin next door 8412 is still available but is the balcony as large? and 8412 is next door to a family suite and I am concerned that there could be excessive noise with the amount of people a family suite can hold.

8412 is between the corner and RFS and has more light because it has the sliding glass doors, the balcony is deep as well with lounge chairs. We have had that room and it is not noisy at all.

Everyone raves about the corner rooms being better because the balcony is nicer being on the corner. However, if you think the door w/ small window will annoy you (and it does annoy some people, my friends liked the room & balcony but didn't care for the door not being able to be stay open, I guess it shuts easily) then you may like 8412 better.

As I mentioned before, the aft balconies are so neat you should at least try it once anyway. :)

PantherFan,

Thanks for your reply. We have taken the plunge and switched cabins. We usually plump for mid-ship so I will be able to compare after this cruise.

You switched to 8410 on the Indy?

Ohhhh I expect a full report and pics. I have 8710 on the Freedom. I don't like the stern cabins on the Voyager and Freedom Class. But my CVP said I will like this one.

The only thing I know about 8710 (identical to 8410) is that the balcony goes all the way out. 8412/8712 does not. The door wouldn't bother me. I knew about that.

The obstruction would be that one single post. I attached the pic from the Freedom.

2096894907_stern(7).jpg.1315e4df27387e863defc15265a45789.jpg

You switched to 8410 on the Indy?

Ohhhh I expect a full report and pics. I have 8710 on the Freedom. I don't like the stern cabins on the Voyager and Freedom Class. But my CVP said I will like this one.

We had 8712 on Liberty last December and booked 8712,8412, and the 2 RFS inbetween on Liberty for this December for our friends/family cruise.

We really liked the aft balconies and it will be our first choice from now on.

On the Independence (being Christmas week and the week after our Liberty cruise) we thought we would try a promenade room, it will not be as nice as an aft room but we want to see all the festivities.:)

Thanks for all the advice and pics.

FL cruiser 64 the pic of the rear view when enlarged clearly shows what we needed to know. 8412 balcony does look as if it is slightly bigger but we have decided to stay where we are. We are after a quiet relaxing time and although I have had children of my own and you say it isn't noisy next to the family suite we are not taking any chances. I know from experience that children are early risers:eek:

Archived