Is there a safe in stateroom on Splendour?

I have only been on one RCL ship previously, and that was Monarch. Of all my cruises, that was the only one withOUT a safe in the cabin. In a few weeks we are going on Splendour of the Seas. Can someone tell me if there are safes in all cabins on that ship? Thanks.

Ellie

Thanks, madforcruising, for your prompt reply, and thanks for your good wishes pmfan.

Just FYI, the safes on Splendour (at least in D1) use a credit card for opening and closing instead of a keypad. Very inconvenient.

Although the instructions on the safes on the Splendour say to use a credit card - you can use your sea pass card.

We were on the Splendour in February and had no problems using our seapass to open and close the safe.

Enjoy your cruise.

The Safes in the JS on Splendour are open and closed with your Seapass very convenient

Although the instructions on the safes on the Splendour say to use a credit card - you can use your sea pass card.

We were on the Splendour in February and had no problems using our seapass to open and close the safe.

Enjoy your cruise.

I would not recommend this. Out of my own experience:

Actually I don´t like the safes that are operated with a credit card. I thought as well why not use the Seapass card and yes it worked. I thought this is way smarter than having to carry a credit card in addition.

One day I had to realize that my Seapass card somehow got demagnetized (sp?) as it didn´t open my door anymore. Well no big deal I just walked down to Guest relation and they issued a new one. At that point I didn´t realize that it won´t work on my safe anymore as well and of course the new one won´t open the safe:eek:

Well I had to wait in my room for someone from maintanance and security to come. Had to sign some papers for them to open the safe.

They told me that using seapass cards with the safes is the main problem they have to work on with the safes.

From now on when sailing a ship with such a safe I take an expired credit card and use that for the safe.

Archived