Gumbalimba park

AtoZgirl

I would like to do the Pirates, Birds and Monkey thing in Roatan. Does anyone know a company that does this? Should I book through the ship?

Is it important to book your tours ahead of time, or is it ok to go into port and then decide?

I heard the same thing that you can only enter the park if you purchase it throught the cruise ship. What I don't know is how much everything else costs if we want to do it, like zip lining, horseback riding, snorkeling...etc.

Does anyone know how much these things cost?

Thanks,

Keri

I heard the same thing that you can only enter the park if you purchase it throught the cruise ship. What I don't know is how much everything else costs if we want to do it, like zip lining, horseback riding, snorkeling...etc.

Does anyone know how much these things cost?

Thanks,

Keri

First, I sincerely doubt it ziplining is reopened yet in Gumbalimba. That is where the accident took place last month. If you want to zipline, I wouldn't plan on Gumbalimba.

Also, Gumbalimba no longer offers horseback riding. You can use the beach, snorkle, tour through the park and gardens, and see the parrots and monkeys there and that's it.

A lot of people recommend Victor Boden tours and you can find discussions about him on this board. You may want to contact Victor as it is my understanding he can plan your entire day for you and take you to the various activities you'd like to do while in Roatan.

If you are interested in horseback riding, I highly recommend contacting Phillip at www.keifitos.com. He made all of our travel arrangements etc for us to ride at his location. It was a wonderful experience with excellent horses at a very reasonable price.

First, I sincerely doubt it ziplining is reopened yet in Gumbalimba. That is where the accident took place last month. If you want to zipline, I wouldn't plan on Gumbalimba.

Also, Gumbalimba no longer offers horseback riding. You can use the beach, snorkle, tour through the park and gardens, and see the parrots and monkeys there and that's it.

A lot of people recommend Victor Boden tours and you can find discussions about him on this board. You may want to contact Victor as it is my understanding he can plan your entire day for you and take you to the various activities you'd like to do while in Roatan.

If you are interested in horseback riding, I highly recommend contacting Phillip at www.keifitos.com. He made all of our travel arrangements etc

for us to ride at his location. It was a wonderful experience with excellent horses at a very reasonable price.

Thank you for the info!

Keri

I was in Roatan in January 2008 and you can apparently go to Gumbalimba Park without booking it on the ship, but according to the cab drivers outside (we decided to just get off the ship and wing it) there are no cabs available once you are at the park to take you back. The cab that takes you there will wait there for you if you want to do that. We were quoted $20 per person for that service. We ended up having the cab driver take us on a tour of the island (also $20...I think you were going to get him for $20 per person no matter what you decided to do). He gave us a nice tour. We stopped at the Iquana Farm ($5 extra) and the was very cool. He pointed out sites, gave us info on the island, stopped for a few photo ops at his suggestion and then he took us to a beach (I don't remember which one), but it was nice. I think we paid $5 to get into the beach, but that gave us a free drink also. I honestly don't remember the details. All in all, it was an excellent day considering we had NO reservations or tour scheduled. We were a group of 4. If it were only a couple, the cab driver might have tried to get more per person. I thought for what we got, $20 each was a great deal.

Archived