Millenium Penthouse Verandah Question

carosave

We are thinking of taking an Alaska cruise in 2009. Does any one know what the stairs (shown on the floor plan) on the penthouse suite verandah(Millenium) go to? Dh and I keep looking but can't figure out where they lead to from the verandah. Are they public? Locked off, etc.? A group of us are planning to go, so we will utilize that huge verandah lots! Realistically I am pretty sure there can't be public access to that verandah...but I have made mistakes by assuming...!!

And, as we have sailed HAL, we have gotten used to the concierge and the Neptune Lounge. I think the suites on Celebrity get butler service, but can anyone tell me a little more detail about what that means? (I don't know if my research skills are rusty...can't find it on the Celebrity website. Thanks so much!

You will notice when you board that there's a huge window washing machine that hangs on rollers right off your deck. When the men come to wash the ship's windows, the stairwell is how they access that machine. It is locked to anyone but crew members.

We were just in a Sky Suite on Summit in the cabin next to the Penthouse. We also had butler service.

Butler service included an offer to help us unpack/pack our luggage. We had breakfast in the cabin all but one morning. The breakfast was served by the butler. He had the ability to get us things that were not on the standard room service menu. He came around with a tea cart every day at about 4 p.m. and served us coffee, small sandwiches and some sweets. At about 5 each day, he showed up with a cheese tray for me and shrimp for my husband. He was also able to get us DVDs for in-room viewing and a reservation at the specialty restaurant.

This was the first time we have had butler service on Celebrity, and I can tell you that Rikki and Rasti (we had a room change on the 3rd day) spoiled us rotten.

Archived