Exchange Rate

cruisinaz

• 4 weeks later...
Don't even worry about exhchanging your money - we found that everyplace took American money. We even found an off-the-beaten track hole in the wall local bar where we had a home cooked meal by the bartender's 80 year old mother who took American money. We had the best ribs ever to date, by the way, at that hole in the wall! Have fun!

Hi Pat - I don't remember the name of the bar:( We found it after we left the Natural Pool (we rented a jeep) and finally hit pavement after getting off the trails. It was a run-down, small white building and when you walked inside, it was very dark with a red glow (they had red curtains covering the windows). It had a jukebox, about three tables and a bar - very small. The owner was a man somewhere about in his 60's and extremely nice. He rattled off the "menu" to us, and told us the ribs were fabulous, so we ordered them and man was he right! My fiance' is a chef and he agreed they were the best he's ever tried. They had kind of a curried flavored sauce on them, not your traditional BBQ sauce. We also had a few beers to wash it down and he charged us about $16 USD for the whole deal! I will ask my fiance' if he remembers the name to the place or can give you more specific directions and let you know!

Archived