Taking drinks onboard ?

gixxerfrog

i believe i read somewhere on here that your allowed to bring drinks (soda and water) onboard, a few ppl got questioned bout it and had to go to the naughty room and open the containers and drink it to make sure thats what it is. but i just called NCL to ask them and see what they had to say. the lady told me that we are not allowed and will be charged. :confused: if your are allowed then how do you go about doing this... do u put it with ur carry-on ? or do you put it in a suitcase? also at the port(s) are you allowed to bring water/soda onboard as well?

Just carry it on at embarkation or any other port. No issue with soda and water at all. On occasion they might check a bottle that is not sealed.

If you call NCL those that have never cruised before that answer the phones are trained to say NO.

no one, who has phoned, as gotten the answer "yes, bring all you want". just won't happen. for one thing, they are trying to keep the alcohol smuggling down.

last cruise i had 1 6pk of pepsi, 1 6pk of water (can get more in the ports) and some other cans of sodas, in my check on..they saw it on the x-ray screen. no problems.

the cruise before..SIL brought stuff for all of us (4 cabins), she had 3 6pks of dr pepper, 1 6pk of my pepsi, 1 6pk of diet pepsi, and a case of bottled water...no problems.

if they are having a lot of problems with smuggling, they MAY call you down to the naughty room (usually during spring break, is at all) they will check the seals and you are good to go. they won't charge you, even the alcohol they take from you, they just keep until the last day.

I just got off the Star and we brought 2 cases of bottled water with no problem. Checked in with luggage and brought to our cabin the first day w/luggage.

Michelle

2 whole cases of 24 water bottles? What a great idea! Can you sneak vodka in those bottles? :p

Yeah, I'm not understanding the issues people are having with taking non-alcoholic drinks onboard, unless it really is dependent upon the specific ship. Just off the STAR 3 days ago, we walked on with a 12-pk. water, 8-pk. Cranberry juice right in plastic grocery bags hanging off our arms. My 18-yr. son who doesn't drink any soda, walked on with two 1-gallon jugs of Arizona iced tea, one in each hand, not bagged, just carried them right through....absolutely no questions asked!

as already mentioned over and over, there is no problem. As for making someone drink what is in the bottle; I have heard of this but it is only to ask the passenger to take a sip to make sure it isn't booze instead of water or soda. Right now, you can bring on all you want. My gut feeling, this too will end one of these days. Too many people are bringing too much on. Carnival actually talked about not allowing soda to be brought on. that was about a year or so ago and they never carried through.

Nita

If flying to the ports, you's probably want to pick up drinks after you land. They enforce a 50 lb weight limit and charge extra for more than one bag. Drinks take up a lot of room and weight, plus they can burst.

Also, you only need to bring enough to last until the first port. At just about every port I have been to, sodas are easy to find and reasonable to buy.

I used to bring water but the ship's water is quite tasty - they make it fresh every day, something your local water supply probably can't say - probably tap water at home is filtered river or lake water, and the ship's is much fresher.

Archived