Belize advice

bmacri

Would someone please suggest something to do in Belize?

I'd prefer safe independent operators.

Is there something that takes in the beauty of Belize (outside of Belize City?)

We are in the water on the other ports, so maybe something not water related?

Anything $50 or under?

I recommend you go to the Belize Port-of-Call board and read some reviews and other threads.

That's what I did and that's how I made my decision on which independent excursion to book.

Sometimes it just make things more confusing, as there are SO many things to do and so many views on who is best. But I like to do my research and read as many threads about the various ports as I possibly can.

The difficult thing is, people normally report on whichever excursion they took. Most people don't return to a port and do the same excursion with a different operator, so they can't really give a comparison. Just because someone loved their excursion doesn't mean they wouldn't have loved the same thing with a different operator, know what I mean.

When you get to the port, there are a number of independent operators offering tours etc. We used one of these for our family of four and it was a great tour to see the countryside (I would recommend that). Then we walked around outside of the gate for a little while and looked around the market area and purchased a couple of things. But, I really didn't like it that much. I have been to many ports and I found these people to be very pushy. In Progresso (a port we LOVE), my daughters had there hair braided, while we were walking around a women kept following us, trying to touch their hair, and telling us that she could do a much better job, we just left and went back to the ship.

We did an ATV Jungle Tour with cavetubing dot com, and we really enjoyed it. It was nearly a one hour drive to get there, but there was still time for shopping when we got back to the pier shopping complex (which is huge, btw). You can do a cavetubing/atv combo, but we decided to just go with the ATV tour, and we had a blast. An experience we will never forget.

Been to Belize twice. First time did the cave tubing and LOVED it. Had a blast and great food afterward. Second time, went snorkeling, it was my first time and it was a truly amazing experience. I would do either again in a heartbeat!

We will be in Belize in May. We signed up with an independant tour company that came highly reccomended on the Port Of Call/Belize Board (best place to find info on each port). Our tour will visit Altun Ha Mayan ruins & include a local-type lunch. I hope we get to see lots of iguanas!LOL

I do have a question about shopping in Belize. Is there an item that is made locally that would make a good souvenir from Belize?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Would someone please suggest something to do in Belize?

I'd prefer safe independent operators.

Is there something that takes in the beauty of Belize (outside of Belize City?)

We are in the water on the other ports, so maybe something not water related?

Anything $50 or under?

You should go and see the Howler Monkeys..... in their natural habitat.

We booked our day with experience belize tours . com

Here is a link to my review....

you can read about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=518965

We've been to Belize twice. First time we booked cave tubing ourselves and loved it. second time we did the ships snorkel tour: too many people and bad weather. Next time we think we will just decide on something when we get to the port and go with them.

We were in Belize last week with Ivar....recommended on this board. He did take us on a water tour....out to an island beach and snorkling but he can arrange anything you'd like.....he is super knowledgeable and willing and ready to arrange a tour to your liking or make a recommendation.

Please contact me at Panamoka1958@yahoo.com if you'd like his email address.

Archived