Help: Travel time between Orlando and Port Canaveral

cold in MN

I know there have been posts on this, but I've done the search and can't seem to find the answer I need. So help!

Just booked the Glory for March 05 and now am trying to find airfare. Noticed there were some available through Orbitz under $400 (we can get any ticket free under $400 with points from our Orbitz CC), but want to make sure times work first, obviously.

So those who have done the Glory or traveled from Orlando airport to the pier at Port Canaveral, how long of a trip is it?

And what's the best way to get there? Taxi, transfer, shuttle, etc.?? And what would the cost be? (There's just 2 of us-so don't want to spend mucho bucks for transportation, would rather save it for the drink of the day:)

If we arrive in Orlando at 1:00pm, is that enough time to get to the ship on time? And if our departure the next Sunday is at 1:30, will we make it back from Port Canaveral in time?

Any information or suggestions anyone could give would be great. I just want to get our airfare booked so I know for sure we'll be going!! Thanks to all-you guys are the best.

Hi,

I can't answer all of your questions, but I'll try what I can...

Assuming no traffic jams, you can realistically make it from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral in an hour. The 528 Toll Road is a straight shot from OIA to the coast.

Visit [url="http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Transfers__Port_Canaveral.aspx"]http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Transfers__Port_Canaveral.aspx[/url]. According to the website's transfer information, you "should" be okay, assuming you have no layovers that delay you and that you get your luggage after arrival promptly (which, honestly, OIA is not known for). In no way would I recommend a taxi - it would cost you a small fortune!

Enjoy your cruise - we're going on a December 04 cruise from Miami aboard the Imagination, and are already so excited! Have a good time - it looks like you should make you connections fine! :)

I recommend the transfers. They pick you up at the airport and they return you directly there. No stops in the middle.

Your 1:30 flight out is great for timing but I am a little concerned with the 1 p.m. arrival since it is an hour ride to the port. You may want to speak to Carnival and see what time their last shuttle leaves from the airport.

[quote name='hill6']I recommend the transfers. They pick you up at the airport and they return you directly there. No stops in the middle.

Your 1:30 flight out is great for timing but I am a little concerned with the 1 p.m. arrival since it is an hour ride to the port. You may want to speak to Carnival and see what time their last shuttle leaves from the airport.[/QUOTE]

Coming in from MN in early March, I would be a little concerned about arriving the day of sailing, especially a 1:00 pm arrival time. I would recommend trying to get that same flight the day prior and staying overnight in Orlando. Stay at a hotel that offers airport shuttles and take the shuttle back to the airport the day of the cruise to pick up Carnival's transfer.

I'm not a big fan of flying into a cruiseport the day of sailing. If we were flying out of Boston for a cruise today, flights out of Logan were delayed 1 hour because of heavy fog and this is just one of many reasons flights could be delayed. Could be disasterous.

Archived