Party of THREE

AtoZgirl

So my family and I will be heading to Florida to get on the Legend in a week and some odd hours. We requested the early time for dinner. I've seen and heard that the dining room has 2, 4, 6, + seats. Now - do you think (or have experienced) we're more likely to get a table just for our family of 3 with 4 seats or be seated with a couple or another family of 3 with 6 seats. Thanks!

P.S. I hope that makes sense. I guess family of 3's will be able to answer this more than anyone else. Any input is welcomed, though!

So my family and I will be heading to Florida to get on the Legend in a week and some odd hours. We requested the early time for dinner. I've seen and heard that the dining room has 2, 4, 6, + seats. Now - do you think (or have experienced) we're more likely to get a table just for our family of 3 with 4 seats or be seated with a couple or another family of 3 with 6 seats. Thanks!

P.S. I hope that makes sense. I guess family of 3's will be able to answer this more than anyone else. Any input is welcomed, though!

My last cruise we had 3 people and had a booth that seats 4

We had a group of three and were sat with 2 twos and a single for a total of 8. The couple was our age, the other two was a grandmother and grandson (who was about the age of our son) and the single was the age of the grandmother. They did a pretty good job of trying to get someone for each person's age group.

Once you board, you can check with the Maitre D and he can tell you what kind of table you are at. If you prefer to be at a smaller table for just your party, put that request in...

I've heard you can do that. I just wanted to hear about other peoples experiences first. Looks like theres a higher percentage of sitting with other people. I just would like to enjoy dinner with my family for the week. Again, we're social but dinner will really be the only time to sit, relax and talk amoungst ourselves. I definitely think once I get on board next week I'll check with the Maitre D first. I bet the line will be huge though and I rather not stand in line the first few hours on the ship :p

Data points from our last 3 cruises:

Sep07: We were a party of 3, seated in a booth with another party of 3

Nov07: We were a party of 3, seated at a 10 top with a party of 4 and another party of 3

Mar08: We were a party of 7, seated at a 10 top with a party of 3

We never requested a private table, we like meeting new people. :)

You stand a good chance that you'll get a booth or table for four. I went with my mother and niece and we had a booth for the three of us. I would have preferred a table for six or eight because my mom and niece didn't want to go to the dining room after the second night....

Have fun!

The one time I cruised alone with my two children, we were seated at a 10 top with two moms and their daughters (and 3 people never showed up). I guess they figured we were all moms cruising alone with our kids, so they'd stick us together.

Where will the Maitre D be when we first board the ship?

They're always in one of the dining rooms at about 1:00 or 1:30 taking table change requests. Check the Capers as soon as you board to check the time/dining room (if there are 2 it's usually in the mid-ship dining room). On the Elation 2 weeks ago, we were first in line and had our request honored, so the Maitre'd got a tip from us at the end of the week, they won't accept tips right then when they're making the change for you.

Check the Capers as soon as you board to check the time/dining room.

When you say check the capers for the time/dining room... do you mean it will specifically say meet with the Maitre'D or you mean just when the dining room opens? Sorry... my brain is already on the ship:p

When you say check the capers for the time/dining room... do you mean it will specifically say meet with the Maitre'D or you mean just when the dining room opens? Sorry... my brain is already on the ship:p

On the Capers schedule it will say something like:

1:00 pm - Dining Room inquiries - Truffles Restaurant

Archived