The SUN is scaring me now...

kmavb

My family was on the Sun 3/22 - 3/29 and had an amazing week. The itinerary was wonderful and we can't say enough great things about the staff and service.

We went on this cruise after having a bad experience with service on the Pearl last summer and I will admit that I walked onto the ship with a bit of an "anti-NCL" bias. Well, the staff on the Sun completely won us over. Il Adagio was great (my 11 year old daughter says to have the chicken) and we ate their twice. We ate a lot in Seven Seas (all three meals) and enjoyed it every time -- there was definitely something on the menu for everyone.

Have a great time on your cruise!!

She's a well-kept ship with an awesome crew - with the exception of that beaut they call a Cruise Director. Linda was such a PITA but don't let her rain on your parade! :D

Well....one less thing to worry about!

NO MORE LINDA!

Denny Anderson is on the SUN for at least the next two months!

He is good, and friendly to talk with when you see himn around the ship.

The best part was that he does not like to talk a lot with a microphone and read the dailies to you after every event like some cruise directors do!

We thought he did an excellent job with his crew!

P.S. He even played the accordian during the crew talent show! What a hoot!

:p

I just posted a review myself. Everyone runs into some type of problem or another, the main thing is keeping a postive attitude. In my case I had a room steward that was below par and yes it did affect us while in the room because we couldn't fully enjoy the aft balcony, but we kept a positive outlook and enjoyed ourselves in the ports. Go and have fun.

We just (sadly) got off the Sun 4-12. We had such a great time that we immediately went to the NCL website to see if there are any upcoming cruises that we could work into our plans. We were in an aft Penthouse (8077) just below ‘Babster’, and loved the long balcony with the suite. I hope to post a longer review soon as we had some special cruising concerns, and the Sun and Penthouse really fit our needs well.

To the OP: One thing that I forgot to mention. If for some reason, you do encounter some sort of big problem, DON'T remain silent about it. Tell the right people and they will bend over backwards to make you happy. Don't suffer in silence and then come back and write a negative review about all that you found wrong. I'm not talking about complaining about every little thing, that will only get you labeled as someone who cannot be pleased.

However, some people, for some reason, expect perfection and if they don't get it, they just *itch about it...to the wrong people. They "suffer in silence" until they get back home and then slam the cruise line on the message boards. And scare everyone like they have you! LOL

I'm an easy going person and don't get too upset over much of anything, but you can bet if I get a lousy room steward, or horrible dining room service, they are going to hear about it. Afterall, I did pay my money and I am paying my auto tip, and I do expect decent service. Do I want to be waited on hand and foot? Of course not, but there is a line. The cruise line wants you to have a wonderful time and spread the word about how much you enjoyed your cruise, which will entice others to sail NCL and for you to return. Don't be bashful to speak up if there is a real problem....they will most likely remedy the problem immediately, along with a complimentary bottle of wine as an apology!

Not sure if last Septemebr counts as 'recent'....but we did a Vancouver R/T to Alaska on the Sun.

Had a great cruise for the money....but as someone else said...avoid the buffet...it was quite nasty.

But....make sure you eat at the Pacific Heights and Il Adagio....they are great!!!

I can't speak for the OP, but this post has certainly made me feel better--not that I had any doubt! I've only sailed with NCL and have absolutely no desire to change cruiselines at this point BUT this will be my DS (sister) first experience on NCL and it took a little bit of convincing to get here to give it a shot! I just had her read this post and now she's excited!:D

I don't think 7/27 can get here soon enough but I do remember when my countdown clock was over 250 days!!!:eek:

NayRN;)

If anyone is going on the Sun in the future, and the officers don't change, don't MISS the crew show. The Staff Captain is absolutely hilarious and is a great singer too. It was so much fun seeing an officer who is normally very proper and straightlaced let his hair down. He brought the house down with his jokes and his performance!

This thread is on the third page already, but I have to chime in.

We (wife and I) were on the Sun Mar 15-22. This was our 14th cruise, and was one of the best we have been on. We found the ship clean and well kept. The crew was the friendliest we have encountered and went out of their way to take care of us. We met wonderful crew members that we will always remember.

We enjoyed the main dining room (used most often), the buffet and two of the specialty restaurants. I think that some people often focus on one poor experience and allow it to ruin their entire cruise.

Go and have a blast!!

I sailed the Sun in March and loved it! Good staff, great food and extremely clean. We were worried also prior to our cruise because we read bad reviews. Hope you have a wonderful time! Looking forward to my next one on the Dawn.

Archived