Glacier Viewing on Island Princess

LarryF

I remember reading somewhere on these boards of a "secret" viewing area on the Island and Coral Princess Ships. Something about going through an unmarked door or possibly a crew door??

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

Larry

Go to the front of the Caribe deck as far as you can go. I'm not sure what the sign on the door says (possibly 'crew only') but go through it, and a few feet further is the outside door to the forward deck.

Great views and we usually had it to ourselves. You can also hear the naturalist from there. In fact she often mentioned something about the people on the "Caribe deck" to point something out to us.

Go to the front of the Caribe deck as far as you can go. I'm not sure what the sign on the door says (possibly 'crew only') but go through it, and a few feet further is the outside door to the forward deck.

Great views and we usually had it to ourselves. You can also hear the naturalist from there. In fact she often mentioned something about the people on the "Caribe deck" to point something out to us.

Great! Thanks so much!

Larry

Hi Larry - I've been doing my research on the boat and came across the same info that you are asking about. In addition to the front viewing, there are also aft viewing areas on the Baja, Caribe, Dolphin and Emerald decks. Apparently they are open to everyone, but the doors are unmarked. This board directed me to a fantastic site about the balconies on the Coral/Island Princess and there's a photo of the aft that clearly shows the viewing areas.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

On the site, click on the button "photos" scroll down to photo D and you'll see it. - Jen

Archived