Earliest Flight Out of Miami?

kates024

I will be sailing on the Imagination on Dec. 16th and was wondering what is the earliest flight out that I can book. I just booked the cruise the other day and decided to also look around for airfare. At that time I found BWI-MIA for $276.40 total for 2 roundtrip tickets. The flight after the cruise left at 3:40. It was perfect, but since I had just booked the cruise I didn't want to rush and book the airfare just yet. Well now that same flight would cost me $442.40. There is another flight out at 11:20. Do you think I could make that flight? The other thing I could do is take the 8:15PM flight out but that means we spend all day with our luggage and waiting in the airport. I really just want to book this 11:20 flight, but at the same time, I don't want to risk it. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Katie

What a shame you missed booking that aftn. flight. Carnival suggests return flights no earlier than 2pm. Some folks make earlier flights just fine, BUT you never know if there will be a delay getting off the ship - due to customs, etc.

I believe you can ask at the purser's desk for an early (VIP) debarkation if you have an early flight, and perhaps carry your own luggage off. Good luck!

Thanks for your responses. I think I will continue to watch the airfare prices for a few weeks and see what happens. If I decided to take the 8:15pm flight out, any suggestions of what we could do all day in Miami with our luggage?

Thanks,

Katie

Why not take a "day tour" of Miami/the Everglades. They're offered by Carnival...and the luggage stays on the bus until the tour's end (maybe 2-3pm). You also might want to consider a flight into FLL. They tend to be cheaper [i just noticed $140 tickets avail. on AirTran from BWI-FLL]. CCL will offer transfers to/from FLL. Search for the multiple posts on the subject for other transportation suggestions.

Good News!!! I just checked airfare again and the flight I wanted is back down to a better price. Rountrip airfare for 2 is $276.40 total with tax and fees. So now our flight out of Miami is at 3:40pm. I booked it! Thanks for your help!

Katie

I just returned from the 15 Escatsy repo cruise today. We Docked at Maimi at 8am but were not cleared to leave ship bu customs untill 11:30, did not get to airport untill 1pm. A lot of peop;e missed there flights & had to try & get lattet flights. I made my 2 pm flight but was worried about it.

Archived