Baltimore and the Bay Bridge

FloridaFan

We're taking a 5-day cruise out of Baltimore at the end of May on Grandeur of the Seas (Royal Caribbean). I've heard so much about going under the Bay Bridge. Does anyone know when that happens? The ship is scheduled to leave Baltimore at 4 PM. We have early dining, and I'd hate to miss it.

Then switch to Late seating. You will pass under the bridge about 2 hours after sailing. If you sail on time, just look forward around 5:30 until the bridge is in sight. OK, maybe you'll be a few minutes late for dinner.

Thanks for the advice Signman. I'd really hate to miss going under the Bridge. We might ask about changing to late seating, but we also might end up eating in the Windjammer that night. It sounds like the timing might not work for early seating that night.

Our last cruise was during the NFL play-offs, and we chose to miss dinner the first night so we could see our home-town team play. During half-time, we ran down to the dining room and introduced ourselves to our tablemates just before serving began. We explained the situation and promised we'd be back for dinner the next evening. Our dinnermates were pleased that we took the time to explain. By the way, we had DELIGHTFUL tablemates and enjoyed sharing the cruise with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Just checked the time on the pictures I took last summer when the ship went under the bridges. I think the ship left at 5 (and not 4) pm. The Key Bridge pictures were taken at 5:11 pm and Bay Bridge at 6:30 pm. I think the ship may have pulled out a couple of minutes early.

Archived