No Safes ???

:eek: I just read that on the Soverign class ships there are no safes. :eek: What do folks do with their valuables? Are their something like safe deposit boxes at the purser's desk or something like that? This makes me very nervous. (Not that I'll be loaded down with $, but after the cruise I'm going on to Disney so I will have a bit of $ and tickets). I would like to think everything will be fine, but sometimes I'm just too trusting and naive. Do I just carry my valuables with me around the ship?

You are correct, NO SAFES!! I really don't like that either. I bring no jewelry other than what I wear all the time. Minimum credit cards and we carry our wallets and money all the time. If swimming, we have one of those waterproof containers that you wear around your neck. We put cash and cards in there.

There are safe deposit boxes and you can put your Disney money and valuables in there and you will be fine.

or you can get one of these:

travel_safe_100_clip_image002_0000.jpg

from here:

http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com/travel_safe_100.html

I changed the lock to one with a combination so I don't have to keep up with a key. We use it on snorkel excursions, at the beach - locked to either a lounge chair or up in the ribs of the umbrella, in my convert. to keep my Ipod and gps in and leave the top down, in hotel rooms w/o safes... probably more uses that I can't remember now. worth the $$ for sure

:eek: I just read that on the Soverign class ships there are no safes. :eek: What do folks do with their valuables? Are their something like safe deposit boxes at the purser's desk or something like that? This makes me very nervous. (Not that I'll be loaded down with $, but after the cruise I'm going on to Disney so I will have a bit of $ and tickets). I would like to think everything will be fine, but sometimes I'm just too trusting and naive. Do I just carry my valuables with me around the ship?

Lock valuables in your suitcase.

:)

We've been on Sovereign three times and Majesty once and there has always been a safe in the room.

Archived