Teens in the Solarium on FOS

Hi cc-ers!!

Does anyone have any feedback/experience with teens in the solarium pool. DH and I were happy to find out there is an adults only pool area on the FOS, but I just read in the FOS cruise compass another CC-er posted that they allow children 16 and up. :eek: I thought it was 18+

I know a 16 yr old is a far cry from a toddler, tween or pre-teen, but I do personally know some immature 16, 17 year olds from past vacations

Just wanted to see if anyone had any postive/negative experience to share.

Thanks in advance. :)

Panda

• 1 year later...

Our experiences were all positive. We in fact had our 17 year old son with us, but he is used to being with adults and being 17 going on 25. He was no problem to others , besides, I wouldn't allow it anyway.

• 7 months later...

On one of our cruises, the age limitation was removed for the Solarioum Pool because of the rough seas and weather. The few teens and children were very respectful. I think if the rule is in place and a 16 year old is being loud, disrectful, it gives the crew the opportunity to ask them to leave. I've seen an "invasion" of the Solarium area once by a group of "tweens" (around 5-6 13 and 14 year olds). Whatever happened and whoever did it, they were gone in short order. They were loud, acting entitled and zip zap...gone from the area. As with many of the other threads, no one is offended by an "age" but by a behavior.

Archived