Entrance fees not included on private Marva tour?

JPCARDS

I E-mailed both Marva Shaw and Phil Lafayette regarding a private tour for our stop in Ochos Rios in June. We are looking to do DRF, Fern Gully tour and river tubing, about 3 hours. Both responded immediately but I found it odd that Marva quoted $30.00 pp but we have to pay our own entrance fees. Phil was $55.00pp but included entrance fees for the same tour. Are these roughly the same and what do entrance fees add to the cost? I am leaning toward Marva but would rather have the entrance fees included in the pp price. Any advice on these tour tours and pricing would be appreciated. Thanks!

I E-mailed both Marva Shaw and Phil Lafayette regarding a private tour for our stop in Ochos Rios in June. We are looking to do DRF, Fern Gully tour and river tubing, about 3 hours. Both responded immediately but I found it odd that Marva quoted $30.00 pp but we have to pay our own entrance fees. Phil was $55.00pp but included entrance fees for the same tour. Are these roughly the same and what do entrance fees add to the cost? I am leaning toward Marva but would rather have the entrance fees included in the pp price. Any advice on these tour tours and pricing would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dunn's River Falls $15.00 per adult

River Tubing $20.00 per person

Hope this will help you a little.

Just got back today, so we are pretty beat, but I wanted to post about this since we just did it. We did Marva for the DRF, visit to a school, tubing and lunch. The fees for DRF and the tubing were separate. These were cash only as well. So, you need to be prepared with a lot of cash because you will need to tip guides at DRF and the tubing guides as well as your guide through Marva. DRF was $15 per adult and $12 a child. The tubes were $20 a tube.But, it is so worth it. Marva is a jewel and we would not hesitate to use her service again!

Gosh, I hope this isn't true! I booked Marva for my family to do the Dunn's River/Tubing/Beach tour for late June. She quoted me $60 per person, and if I have to pay entrance fees on top of this, I will have to cancel. I e-mailed her yesterday to double check, but as of yet have not gotten a response.

Mysticcruiser ~ our family was with Marva (her son actually) and had the BEST time! The $60 that you pay her does indeed include entrance fees to everything that you will be doing ~ the falls, the tubing and the beach. When we were there the beach was closed, since a private party had rented it out so we were only charged $55 per person. Since we weren't going to the beach we asked him if he would take us somewhere for lunch that we could have a good Jamaican meal. It was very good, and there was even a little Jamaican 3-man band playing. A perfect ending to an amazing day!

I am booked with marva for next week and just assumed everything would be included. We booked the Dunns River Falls & Mahogany Beach. Does it say somewhere on her website that the entrance fees are not included?

Might be a bit in the future but I didn't want to take a chance on not getting her for the day. My friend & I are booked for a private tour with her in January and I thought the price was very reasonable. I absolutely can't wait!! And we can have up to four people without increasing the price. So if we get two others to join us it's really a bargain.

We wanted a tour that went to the falls but did not include tubing and instead gave us an opportunity to see everything we wanted to see. Marva was so accommodating and pleasant to deal with. She is very quick with e-mail responses.

Shara

Archived