OK, Celebrity comes to Texas! Who's out there?

TEXASMUNK

I'm a "born and raised" (or is it reared???) Texan who is excited that Celebrity has come to Galveston. I've never cruised on X but hear marvelous things about the cruise line. There are 10 of us leaving Thanksgiving Day for 11 days. Turkey Day on a cruise...what more could you ask for!! ;)

My wife and I and another couple will be on the cruise bringing Galaxy to Galveston. We sail 10/25 out of San Juan. We, too, are excited about nicer ships sailing from Houston/Galveston. We have sailed 4 times out of Galveston over the last 2 years and welcome more ships. Every cruise we have sailed on has been full. Maybe the cruise lines are getting the message. We are thinking about sailing Galaxy again in Feb 05 to the Panama Canal for our 25th annniversary.

We're from San Antonio, Texas and will be on the same cruise as SpringTxBill. Really excited about being able to drive to a port for a change....of course, we used the savings in airfares to upgrade to a better cabinso no final price difference but that's OK.

Hi!! We are a group of 6 traveling on the November 1st out of galveston, looking forward to this 12 day trip. Come be and say hi, we are on the penthouse deck cabin 1050. also one of us are up there on the sky deck in a sky suite. Hope it is a good cruise, heard lots of good things about Celebrity.

Leslie

We will be joining some of you as soon as we can get on the schedule. We were going on Galaxy at Christmas, but we changed over to Infinity.

If you haven't sailed Celebrity so far, you are in for a treat. :)

Talk about convenient.....we live in Galveston. The Rhapsody of the Seas is a beautiful ship, but the service on RCCL does not compare to Celebrity. We are booked on the 4-25-05 Galaxy trip to the Panama Canal and can't wait, even though we were just on the Summit in the Panama Canal in May 2004. It does not really matter where we go, as long as we are on a cruise ship....and Celebrity is the best that I have been on...7 times so far....Let's hope that they like the Galveston market and will return after their six month stint here.

My husband is a BOI (born on the island of Galveston) and although I'm not a BOI - born a few miles north of there) I was raised on the island. Now we live about 5 minutes north of the island. Looking forward to our 4/15/05 Galaxy cruise. (We were on the Norwegian Sea transition cruise from Philadelphia to Houston. Enjoyed it much!)

Judy

Hubby and I will be sailing on the Galaxy 12/06/04 - third Celebrity cruise...Sailing out of Galveston is so convenient since we live just 40 minutes away !!!! NO AIRLINE HASSLES - HOORAY !!!!! We have taken RCCL Rhapsody twice this year out of Galveston...

We sail on the 11-25-04 Panama cruise...We have sailed out of Galveston

4 times and it is great. We live just down the road off I-45. Princess is

going to bring in the Grand and that is a great ship - It is wonderful to have all the new ships in Galveston.

4 more family members will sail out on 12-6.

We sail on the 11-25-04 Panama cruise...We have sailed out of Galveston

4 times and it is great. We live just down the road off I-45. Princess is

going to bring in the Grand and that is a great ship - It is wonderful to have all the new ships in Galveston.

4 more family members will sail out on 12-6.

Hey! Are you joining us for the Cruise Critic Party??? We'd love the chance to meet you?

We'll be on the 11/25 sailing and I STILL don't think I've signed us up for the CC party. I will TRY again. Looking forward to everything about this cruise - experiencing Celebrity for the first time and saiilng to the Panama Canal for the first time. We are "splurging" sort of on this cruise and trying out the CC service and amenities since I have a group going next June to Alaska on the Mercury. We have sailed Princess, RCCL, Carnival, Norwegian and some othe now out of business line before. I have heard nothing but great comments about Celebrity and that's why I chose this line for my Alaska group next June. Hoping to convince some of my friends who have only sailed Carnival or RCCL to take the plunge and experience Celebrity! That may be a hard sell now though with the HIGH prices!

Archived