Questions about Voyager class Family Suites

Can anyone tell me how the bedrooms/bathrooms are arranged in the Royal Family Suites?

I have looked at the drawings on RCI, and whatever photos I have been able to find - but I can't really tell.

Is one of the bathrooms only accessible from a bedroom? Or can they both be reached from the hallway/living area?

How about the closet type storage? Is that in the bedrooms or is some of it out in the hall area?

And last question - the bedroom that sleeps four - two twin beds and two Pullman beds - would that room work better with the twin beds put together as a queen or separated as two twins. I am not sure how the access to the Pullman beds works - I am assuming they pull down from the ceiling?

The bathroom with the bathtub can only be reached from the master bedroom. The bathroom with the showerstall can be reached from the hallway. The cabin has lot´s of storage space, no need to worry! Can´t tell you about the bed arrangement as we occupied the cabin with 3 people only ( yes, we were very lucky on our 14 night tranatlantic cruise on the Voyager ).

Cabin is great locationwise. Downside of the cabin is, that at least on the Voyager back in spring 2006, it was in bad shape and seemed quite neglected from the room steward over months, if not years. I called it the "not so royal family suite". The price was about the same as an Owner Suite would have been, the furnishing and decor equals those of a regular cabin. Not royal at all! It´s the size that matters obviously. However, it comes with all those great suite perks and the balcony is fabulous.

Enjoy!

Can anyone tell me how the bedrooms/bathrooms are arranged in the Royal Family Suites?

I stayed with my family in the suite on Navigator 2 years ago - we LOVED it!

As the previous poster mentioned, one bathroom is accessible from the hallway, the other is through the master bedroom. But, we all shared both of them.

There is closet space inside the master bedroom, but I don't remember too much about it. There is a large walk-in closet in the hallway.

We kept the beds separate and slept 3 in the bedroom, two on the bottoms, 1 on top. Unless there's a good reason to move the beds (if they even move, I'm not positive they do), I would keep them separate. I couldn't imagine trying to move around with beds in the middle. We kept our suitcases under the beds, pulling them out into the middle when we needed something.

I stayed with my family in the suite on Navigator 2 years ago - we LOVED it!

As the previous poster mentioned, one bathroom is accessible from the hallway, the other is through the master bedroom. But, we all shared both of them.

There is closet space inside the master bedroom, but I don't remember too much about it. There is a large walk-in closet in the hallway.

We kept the beds separate and slept 3 in the bedroom, two on the bottoms, 1 on top. Unless there's a good reason to move the beds (if they even move, I'm not positive they do), I would keep them separate. I couldn't imagine trying to move around with beds in the middle. We kept our suitcases under the beds, pulling them out into the middle when we needed something.

I was hoping maybe one of the perks of the suite would be that our room steward (or private "butler" as the RCI TA called them) would be able to help us find a place to put the empty luggage?

I believe most store their empty lugagge under the bed.

Yes - it is just that 2 people will be sleeping on the sofa bed, and two in the upper Pullman beds.

That leaves luggage for 8 to go under 4 beds. I was just wondering if that is something the room steward could do for us? I remember hearing about it once upon a time...but didn't know if it was possible on these ships/this cruise line.

the hall closet has room for several suitcases

Two people will not sleep comfortably on the sofa. It folds down like a futon-it is not a pull out-so it is small and uncomfortable.

In the small bedroom there is no closet space to hang anything-just some shelves and it would be hard to put th beds together if you plan to use the two bunks

Archived