Inside Cabin sleeping for 4

mickeyfanz

Hi-

We are going on NCL Pride of America and staying in an inside cabin. We donated our 8yo to stay with my parents so we will have 4 in our room which consists of me, my husband, and 2 sons (ages 5 and almost 2). We are 1st time cruisers and I know to expect teeny rooms.

I have seen pictures of the beds that fold out of the walls so I guess that is where the kids go. Do they provide bed rails so they can't fall out? Do they even have a crib or something else for the almost 2yo or is there no room in the little inside cabin?

Any advice/help appreciated. I know I will be sorry that we don't have a balcony room but my mom is treating us so I am not complaining!

I know a lot of people advocate larger cabins &/or balconies, but we've only cruise in inside cabins. There are three of us, and we do just fine. DS is almost 7, but we've been cruising since he was 3 1/2. Honestly, we don't spend that much time in the cabin. Even when DS was younger and took naps, one of us would go lay down with him (this is the only time we could have used a separate area). But we don't spend much time in the cabin. I think it's doable.

If your cabin includes a "bunk" style bed (comes down from the ceiling) then it should have a bed rail. Size/shape of bed rails vary by cruiseline. Sometimes they're tiny and short, while other times they extend across half the length of the bed. Our DS (7) is a calm sleeper and does OK with the cruise bedrail, but our DD (5) is quite an active sleeper. So, we always bring a collapsible bedrail that makes her covers a large portion of the side of the bed. (I think it is Safety First brand).

You should post a question on the NCL boards about bedrails--and ask someone to show a pic. I am curios about NCL rails as well as we are traveling on the NCL Gem in a few months and want to know if we really need to bring that bedrail all the way to Spain with us.

Another tip for you regarding room layout for an inside cabin: request that your double bed be split so you and your DH are sleeping in separate beds (Brady Bunch style!) Usually, the double bed is against the back wall of the room, with about 18 inches on the outside of each side of the bed and no room at all in the middle of your cabin. By separating the beds and pushing them against the wall, you will end up with 3 feet in the middle of the room, which is much appreciated ESPECIALLY with little kids afoot! Plus--it's not like you'll have any "alone" time anyways...

CeleBrat

Archived