Tourist train to Cathedral in Marseille

I'm not sure which cathedral you're referring to, but I know what you mean by the "disney-like" train. It's in Vieux-Port, a very nice and touristy area. There's also a bigger hop-on-off bus there, as well as public buses. The larger hop-on-off bus was about 12 euros, just like in all the other cities. The smaller train was less, quite reasonable as I recall, but I don't remember the exact amount. There were a lot of people trying to get on. We wanted to go to the basilica of Notre Dame, so we took the public bus which was quite an enjoyable ride for a small cost. Marseille seemed like a very interesting and fun city to explore; I was sorry I hadn't done more research since most of what I read prior to visiting was negative and I made plans to go to Aix en Provence. Everyone I spoke with thought Marseille was charming. You will definitely need to take a taxi from the port to the more interesting parts of the town or to the train & bus stations.

We caught the city bus less than 25 yards from the "Disney-type" train, hop-on bus at by the entrance/exit to the Vieux Port metro station (they're all together). I think the bus was about 1.50 euros. Sorry I can't remember the bus # (we took so many taxis, trains, buses, etc. on the cruise)--I want to say it was 60 something, but ask someone when you get there. We would have taken the small train, but there were so many people waiting (it was a Saturday), we didn't want to fight the crowds.

Archived