Cabins for the Physically Challenged!

stlrboo

This question may be being posted in the wrong area, but I've noticed several threads on this board questioning availability of cabins which have been modified to accept the physically challenged. Also have seen where people are being placed in cabins that aren't necessarily compatible for 'walkers', etc., and the cruise line has been somewhat unreceptive.

Do the cruise lines show on their sites or in their brochures what cabins are accessible, or does one have to call 'special services' for this information?

Am considering taking my daughter and her two children, DD's ages 12 and 15, on a cruise that I've already booked (or may book in the future) and am curious where these cabins are located. I would think some type designation in the brochures would be a wonderful addition, if they are not already there and I just missed them.. :rolleyes:

I just thought that they designate for twins/Queen or King, connecting, sofabed or not, pullmans and 4th's, obstructed views, etc., etc. A small handicapped designation shouldn't be that difficult.

Forgot to mention that 12 year old Grand-daughter is confined to a motorized wheelchair. I'm sure she would really enjoy a cruise!! :)

OOPS! Just noticed that RCL has designated "accessible" cabins in their brochure! Hope Carnival may do this in their upcoming brochures.. :D

I am sure you know CC has a "Special Interest" forum that has one for "Disabled" cruisers.

But good always to post on the line you are sailing, I have not but plan one on Carnival. Every cruise I have been on seemed good for anyone who uses a wheelchair, not that evrything is accessable, or the tenders (versus docking) but overall had a good time. This reflects only my cruises: yes, I actually asked all wheelers!

Do post any specific q's as well!

Coloradolad

PS

The Mrs is a Physical Therapist, I a former Rehab

Hospital administrator and before that a counselor, etc..

I can "walk" but use the chair more.

They do show them in the brocher, a circle half filled in. In the diagram of the staterooms. Stayed in one on the Holiday. Only as it wasn't being used and it was the last in the cat. I paid for.

I was looking at a differnent ship just now. The code for the rooms was a dark circle inside a triangle. So, read the ships codes.

Just back from Carnival Victory New to Canada.

We saw several people in wheel chairs both really and motorized as well as folks with walking cains etc.

Also notice a couple of blind folks with there dogs and the Carnival Cruise staff always had a staff member with them everywhere we saw them and was going out of there way to take care of the every need.

Archived