Lobster Alive

sealgs2000

Here’s how their menu describes the “Main Event (Live from the Tank)”: “Southern Caribbean lobsters are mostly big and well meated. Our prices are by weight per serving as in our suggestions below. Servings are usually one half of a split lobster. Par-boiled in seawater, to order, then finished in the shell on the barbeque with heaps of garlic butter!! Variations at your request.” The small serving was $70 and the extra large serving was $100.

Does anyone know the difference in lbs. for small and large? I'm used to paying $25 per pound at a nice restaurant, but I don't get full very easily on lobster and need quite a bit! We usually split a 6 lb one at The Palm or go through about 5 small ones each at an all you can eat place during high season.

I'm low carbing it, so I cannot fill up on bread and potatoes..

Thanks!

” The small serving was $70 and the extra large serving was $100."

We haven't been to Lobster Alive, but US$70 for a small portion seems excessive for the island (unless your dining at The Cliff).

Those figures must be in BD$ which are twice of US$.

Surf and turf at The Cliff or Sandy Lane is around US$100/ea, so it seems like just a lobster by itself at Lobster Alive should be much less, yes?

US$ or BD$?????

Archived