Coupon books

sss10

We received our "complimentary" coupon book for our cruise today. Most of the coupons were pretty useless. One that we may use is "buy one get one free" in one of the restaurants that have a surcharge. This is only good on the first night. How hard will it be to get into a surcharge restaurant the first night since we won't be able to make a reservation 24 hrs in advance?

We received our "complimentary" coupon book for our cruise today. Most of the coupons were pretty useless. One that we may use is "buy one get one free" in one of the restaurants that have a surcharge. This is only good on the first night. How hard will it be to get into a surcharge restaurant the first night since we won't be able to make a reservation 24 hrs in advance?

It's usually easiest to get reservations the first night since a lot of the people are just getting settled, or don't realize the importance of reservations in the specialty restaurants at that point. Hence the reason they offer the 2 for 1 on the first night. Just make sure you go to the reservation desk as soon as you board and unless you have a preference, I would book the restaurant with the most expensive cover so you get the most use from your coupon.

I had no problem getting one. Make sure you go to the reservation desk within the first hour or two of getting on the ship.

Also note, that when I was on the ship last week, they offered 50% off (ie. 2 For 1) for 3 of the restaurants between 17.30 - 18.30

Some guy tried to use the coupon during the 50% off, but oddly enough, they wouldn't let him :p

I had no problem getting one. Make sure you go to the reservation desk within the first hour or two of getting on the ship.

Also note, that when I was on the ship last week, they offered 50% off (ie. 2 For 1) for 3 of the restaurants between 17.30 - 18.30

Some guy tried to use the coupon during the 50% off, but oddly enough, they wouldn't let him :p

You are correct. If you don't mind eating a little early you can get a two for one dinner on most cruises. On our recent 14 day cruise to South America, the ship had the two fer special three or four nights.

A lot of times they will offer the two fer one dinner throughout the cruise. They don't send these books to just everyone. I've never gotten one yet. From what I hear, I'm not missing much unless they have an all you can drink coupon in there. Now that would be something that I would like.

If I were to get one, that 2fer deal on dinner the first night doesn't sound too bad to me. I would scoot on over to the ressie desk for that for sure. Cagney's is always good for filet mignon.

Da Bear

I ran into an old friend today and she mentioned she was on the Norwegian Jewel and they also got half price dinners too. She said she didn't have a problem making reservations on the same day either. I think the coupon book is offered to entice people instead of getting an onboard credit with other travel sites.

Archived