Looking for info & advice re: caribbean princess

Jarba

Sailed on the Crown in Aug. 2006 w/ my husband. We loved the ship and loved Princess. We're thinking of booking the Caribbean Princess out of NY in Aug. & taking our 2 kids. Quads are not available & may book a balcony on the Aloha deck.

Does any one know if a balcony room on the Aloha deck will accomodate 4, assuming we have a roll away in the room?

Also, how does this ship compare to the Crown? What would you recommend or not recommend on this ship? Of course travelling in August w/ the kids, our fare is a bit pricy, so we want to make sure that we make the most our trip.

Hi Jarba, I don't recall which deck they are on, but the CB does have quad mini's. Unfortunately I don't believe they have rollaway's. Just factor in there is a bunk bed that comes out of the ceiling and the couch unfolds to a sofa sleeper. Just ask your TA to be placed in a quad mini, she/he will know what to do, if their as nice as my TA they will give you a list of which one's are available and then you can pull out your handy deck plans booklets and choose the room in the best location for you. You will have a wonderful time, enjoy the CB, we did!!!;)

The Crown and the Carribean Princess are almost identical.The cabins and the major things on the ship are the same.The Crown's atrium is a bit nicer and they have a few other things that the Carribean doesn't.For the most part you will feel like you are on the same ship.As for the quad's available, I don't have any knowledge of that.I would guess it would have the same availability as the Crown.We went on the Brooklyn 9 day cruise last year and are doing it again this year.You will not be dissapointed.

We also loved the Crown and are doing the Caribbean Princess in Sept. specifically because we enjoyed he Crown and it is pretty close to the Crown - we hope.

What I am hoping is the International Cafe is the same as the Crowns was. We loved that place on the Crown and when we went on the Dawn Princess, their Coffee Bar was nothing close to the Crowns.

...What I am hoping is the International Cafe is the same as the Crowns was. We loved that place on the Crown and when we went on the Dawn Princess, their Coffee Bar was nothing close to the Crowns.

Sorry to disappoint you but the CB only has the Coffee Bar like the Dawn. There is no International Cafe. There also is no Sanctuary, Vines or Crown Grill. They do have Sterlings for the steak house but it's not as nice as the Crown Grill.

With that said, I still LOVE the CB and will be sailing on her again in June.

Sorry to disappoint you but the CB only has the Coffee Bar like the Dawn. There is no International Cafe. There also is no Sanctuary, Vines or Crown Grill. They do have Sterlings for the steak house but it's not as nice as the Crown Grill.

With that said, I still LOVE the CB and will be sailing on her again in June.

Uh oh - I guess I have to cancel my whole cruise now, LOL. ;)

Is Sterlings on this ship the same as it is on the Dawn (a portion of the buffet closed off at night?). Not quite the same ambiance as the Crown.

Hi Jarba, I don't recall which deck they are on, but the CB does have quad mini's. Unfortunately I don't believe they have rollaway's.;)

This is incorrect. I booked the CB last June for an August 2008 sailing. Even that early, the handful of quad baclonies on the Aloha deck were already booked. So Princess put us in a three bed balcony cabin mid-ship on that deck with a guaranteed roll-away for the fourth person. Our agent told us Princess books a limited number of quad parties into that type of cabin.

And yes, I already know that when the roll away is in there things will be tight. And no, we didn't want a mini, because the only quad ones are all the way forward or of the way way back and we know from prior experience that we strongly prefer to be mid ship.;)

Uh oh - I guess I have to cancel my whole cruise now, LOL. ;)

Is Sterlings on this ship the same as it is on the Dawn (a portion of the buffet closed off at night?). Not quite the same ambiance as the Crown.

No. It has its own, permanent location.

The CB may not have all of the modern updates yet to the ship, but it gets very good reviews, because it is still a great ship with great staff. Sterling is separate from the buffet, but it has less ambience than the dining rooms; the food is great though.

Also, how does this ship compare to the Crown? What would you recommend or not recommend on this ship? Of course travelling in August w/ the kids, our fare is a bit pricy, so we want to make sure that we make the most our trip.

We sailed on the Crown in 06.

We have also sailed on the CB in 05.

Now we are looking forward to sailing on her again this August out of NY.

The Crown has a different layout.

CB, Grand, & Golden are the same.

What you liked on your Crown cruise will be pretty much the same, except for the Crown Grill, The Piazza International Café, Sanctuary, which is not on the CB.

Archived