seaview cafe on the Jewel is now a seafood restaurant

Bummer! They had the BEST sandwiches and onion rings up there! I hope they change it back soon.

That's how I feel. The day we boarded the seaview was changing menus. How dissapointing that was. I really looked forward to the onion rings.Didn't get 1 onion ring allweek:rolleyes: !

Bummer! They had the BEST sandwiches and onion rings up there! I hope they change it back soon.

Lots of people liked the burger and SHAKES!!!!

No more Cuban sandwich and onion rings?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:( :( My thoughts exactly. I'm not a big seafood person. I wonder if Serenade will change too?

I just came of the Jewel of the Seas, and the SeaView Cafe was changed in a seafood restaurant (the Seafood shack). The people who were working there told me that they were trying out this new concept because they want to open this kind of restaurant on the new Genesis ships.

It is very nice with things like: seafood salade, crab cakes, tilapia, Jambalaya in a bowl of bread, soups in a bowl of bread, different kinds of shrimp, calamaris, and more.

Very smart move, my first cruise I was like "man im gonna eat so much fish and lobster and crab, etc" I mean I'm in the middle of the ocean. I go onbaord NO SEAFOOD RESTAURANTS!!!!! About darn time for this!!

• 2 weeks later...
I would be in favor of keeping the seafood restaurant. I love fried seafood, even if it isn't good for you. I'm hoping they keep it for our Jewel Panama Canal cruise. Was there pina colada type dip for the coconut shrimp? I just love Red Lobster's dip for their coconut shrimp! Fried bananas, sounds yummy! :D

I will have to be sure to eat lots on the Radiance Seaview Cafe in a couple weeks!

Was on the Radiance last month and it was not a seafood restaurant YET. Still had snack stuff--soup, sanwiches, wings & feathers, etc. Will be on the Panama Canal Cruise on the Jewel in December. Let us know what its like now.

Oh no!!! Say it ain't so! I love the old Seaview menu and was looking forward to it next year on the Jewel. I cannot eat shellfish and I eat enough fish in the dining room, so I like the different menu in the Seaview. I love the onion rings!

I'm boarding the Serenade tomorrow and I sure hope it's the old menu on there. I want chicken tenders and onion rings. We eat healthy the rest of the year.....I want to splurge!

I would love a seafood place on the ships. But not so much a cheap fried seafood place.

How about a place with a raw bar. Lots of oysters and such. Serve salmon and tuna throughout the day. Offer crab and hell include the fried stuff too. I wouldnt mind throwin 5 extra dollars to get a good raw bar.

What a bummer. We had some nice times at the Sea View aboard the Jewel in January. Husband loved the Cubans and I loved the rings. Why do they change things that work for them? Or us?? I cannot eat seafood due to allergies. I m seriously looking at Serenade for fall 2009. Tell me that ship has not changed mennus.

Will be on her May 19th.

Our vote: Bring back the old menu

Seafood is suppose to be served fresh, not frozen and then served.

PS: 100% allergic to all Seafood, so what else can I say, bring back the junk food

:-)

Was on the Jewel TA March 30th. We looked at a menu before the cruise and it really sounded good. Tried it twice in the 1st few days and didnt go back.

I love Seafood but the quality of most of the items was lacking. I thought the chowder as decent but everything else was just blah.

Put me on the back to the old menu list.

I agree with some of the others.

Change it back. The Seaview is one of my favorite Radiance class features. There is nothing better than a Cuban and Rings at midnight.

I hope it is back before my Panama cruise next year.

Dave

The Seaview on Brilliance is (or was in Dec) an Italian themed restaurant.....pasta and pizza.....and really good. I don't think that it ever had the sandwich menu that Jewel had. We had also hear that one of the other Radiance class...maybe the Radiance....was a seafood restaurant at one time.

We'll be on Jewel in August so we'll have to check it out!

I guess we will confine our orders to the terrific shakes that you could get there. Please tell me that they haven't been eliminated.:D

Shakes are still available. Not sure if they are the same as before because we hadn't previously sailed on Radiance Class. But I had a 'mint' one and it was good! We liked it in there in preference to the windjammer - very quiet and good service.:)

I do hope that all of you that tried (or will try) the new seafood menu and found it lacking provide feedback to Royal Caribbean about this. Hopefully, this is just an experiment and maybe one that isn't successful. Or if it is (like if they improve the food) it will just be on the Genesis class. The Seaview Cafe is one of the things that makes the Radiance class distinctive.

We will miss the Seaviews old menu if the change is for keeps. We love seafood....just not fried/deep fried. You could get clam chowder on the old menu too ... glad they kept that on the new menu. The old fish and chips was the most disappointing item on the old menu....they can keep that off for good.

I haven't been on a Radiance class ship, so I've never been to the Seaview Cafe, but I love seafood, so I hope the Seafood Shack works out, because I would love to see it on the Genesis. I love seafood, like shrimp, all the seafood soups, etc.

I could take this either way. We liked the Seaview Cafe on the Serenade alright, but weren't crazy about it. I would agree that more fried stuff isn't a pressing need. I'd rather have a Compass Deli anytime, like on Majesty. Will hope the Genesis gets both maybe.

The Seaview on Brilliance is (or was in Dec) an Italian themed restaurant.....pasta and pizza.....and really good. I don't think that it ever had the sandwich menu that Jewel had.

All Radiance Class ships started with the original Seaview menu (burgers, sandwiches...)

Brilliance changed a couple of years ago when the cruised the Med to the Italian theme. They had Italian tablecloth, wine service, bread sticks...

Unfortunately they changed the atmosphere back to the original blank tables. But still they offer pizza made to order and pasta.

RD, JW and SR did (in my cruising experience on them) never have another menu until JW changed.

I too agree that the should open up the original menu a little bit, but not change it completely. Therefore I would love to see the original menu back on JW asap!

Archived