Grand Hyatt Santiago

dawnprincess

Just an FYI for those interested in a luxury hotel for a pre- or post-night stay in Santiago. I looked on their website and it listed a $404 per night cost. OUCH! However, when I tried their senior rate, it came down to $215 a night! I did this a few times because I didn't quite believe it. BUT you must be 62 to get this senior rate -- not just 55 and over. They say you must provide proof of age at check-in, but others claim they were never asked to do this. Apparently it is Hyatt's general rule to discount around 50%to people 62 and over. (Although the actual amount of the discount varies by property location.) Because we were able to use frequent flier miles to pay for our air costs, we needed to fly in 3 nights before our cruise departs. With that savings in mind, we decided to splurge for a room on their Club Floor for $279 a night which includes breakfast in their Club, cocktails at night, services of a Concierge, and some say food offered during the day and evening as well. Here's their website: http://santiago.grand.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Crown Prince -- thanks for checking -- perhaps it's the dates you are searching for? We are arriving late January 2009 which I think is 'high season'?

Franu -thanks for the hotel review! It always helps to hear from someone who has actually stayed at a particular hotel.

I have stayed there a few times. With any of the discounts (AAA, Senior, etc) the rate is generally around $200 for a standard room or $260 for a club room (with food and drinks).

The website is really deceiving. IF you put in two/three days and 2 people, the website states PRICE PER ROOM. But they add up all the days to come up with the price per room. In the chart with the days of the week, it states the price PER DAY. It is definitely a SA thing.

Hi, again, GREAT:

My sister (from Oz) is doing a B-to-B with me & she needs 3 days pre-cruise in Santiago. She is RoseBerry in Sydney.

OMG - I just realized that she will fly on New Years Eve and or Day. Well, the flights should be less.

Just for shopping purposes, what other options do you suggest for Santiago Hotel for 2-3-4 JANUARY ?

I always value your opinions. Thank you. :D

Hi, again, GREAT:

My sister (from Oz) is doing a B-to-B with me & she needs 3 days pre-cruise in Santiago. She is RoseBerry in Sydney.

OMG - I just realized that she will fly on New Years Eve and or Day. Well, the flights should be less.

Just for shopping purposes, what other options do you suggest for Santiago Hotel for 2-3-4 JANUARY ?

I always value your opinions. Thank you. :D

Intercontinental, Ritz, Sheraton, Crowne Plaza are all good hotels. I particularly like the Regal Pacific because of all the extras you get-free internet, free breakfast. I generally book executive floor rooms just for the free drinks, snacks and business center.

I stay more often at the Sheraton because I am a Starwood elite member, so get the club level rooms at a regular room price. But if I decide I want to stay someplace else, I use this website to book. They are actually out of Florida, also run Peru-hotels.com and a website for Argentina. They have treated me extremely well, even when there have been problems.

http://www.chile-hotels.com/santiaga.htm

We stayed at the Sheraton (on the club floor) for three nights, then one night at the Hyatt in late January. There is no comparison in the two hotels....the Hyatt is much more luxurious. However, we were happy with our stay at the Sheraton and it was a good value.

Cheers, Pam

GREAT:

I will look at those hotels. I have seen that neat hotel website before. However, I am quite geographically challenged in s.a.

Not so much in B.A. I am in Recoleta at the Art Hotel and have good maps. I guess I will have to get a map of SCL or learn to navigate the google maps better.

• 2 weeks later...
Just an FYI for those interested in a luxury hotel for a pre- or post-night stay in Santiago. I looked on their website and it listed a $404 per night cost. OUCH! However, when I tried their senior rate, it came down to $215 a night! I did this a few times because I didn't quite believe it. BUT you must be 62 to get this senior rate -- not just 55 and over. They say you must provide proof of age at check-in, but others claim they were never asked to do this. Apparently it is Hyatt's general rule to discount around 50%to people 62 and over. (Although the actual amount of the discount varies by property location.) Because we were able to use frequent flier miles to pay for our air costs, we needed to fly in 3 nights before our cruise departs. With that savings in mind, we decided to splurge for a room on their Club Floor for $279 a night which includes breakfast in their Club, cocktails at night, services of a Concierge, and some say food offered during the day and evening as well. Here's their website: http://santiago.grand.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Thank you very much Dawn Princess for posting this info. We now have confirmed bookings.Like you we also decided to splurge and have a room on the Club Floor;).

Hi Roseberry,

Glad you were able to book a room! I thought it was a great deal considering the regular price of the rooms. I guess you're not on our Feb. 1, 2009 cruise on Radiance of the Seas?

DH and I have stayed at a few 1 or 2 star hotels (in Venice and Paris) which worked out fine. But in South America I wanted to go with a well-known brand name. Last January Royal Caribbean offered the Sao Paulo Hilton as their pre-cruise hotel and it was just beautiful. The Grand Hyatt Santiago looks even nicer. :)

Archived