RCCL unfriendly website

RCCL website is a whole lot less user friendly than carnivals. On carnival you can go to any port of call and see what shore excursions are available. On RCCL you have to be booked to even look and I guess within a certain time frame from your trip before you can even view them. We are just barely less than 6 months away and it tells me information not available for my cruise. Does anyone out there know where you can look and see shore excursions for port of calls. Also can you not order liquor from RCCL in advance and have it sent to your room.

Yes you can look at them. Instead of clicking on "Shop Shore Excursions" you click on Browse Shore Excursions.

Here's the link

(deleted)

After you click on the link...you pick the Port of Call, then on the right (small print) there is a link that says "See excursions in "city"

Click that and you can see the excursions offered.

On the browse it tells you fun things to do, but dont list what shore excursions are available and price range like carnival does. Does anyone know at what point you can book excursions.

Yes it does, I just looked at the prices for Bahamas...see

(deleted)

I can't see the RCI website not being user-friendly. It's all spelled out for you right there when you open it up. View reservations, search for a cruise, view shore excursions...

Careful crusinmama!!!- I just opened up that link and it logged me into your account. Don't worry I didn't peek!

Careful crusinmama!!!- I just opened up that link and it logged me into your account. Don't worry I didn't peek!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: OK, I DELETED the links.

Let's just walk you through it.

Go to www.rccl.com

Click on Before You Board - Shore & Land Excursions - Browse by Ports Of Call - Click on Port - Then on right hand side click on "Shore excursions for "name of city"

My bad folks, thanks for the help, I found the shore excursions, just used to Carnivals more I reckon. Looking forward to the wealth of information you all will give me the next few months. Nothing is better than cruise critics on making you more knowledgeable about your cruise and ship. I love this website.

Go to www.rccl.com

Click on Before You Board - Shore & Land Excursions - Browse by Ports Of Call - Click on Port - Then on right hand side click on "Shore excursions for "name of city"

Haha! I don't know why they do that sometimes, I posted something a while ago and somebody told me the same thing. The second time I clicked on your link I wasn't logged in as you. Crazy computers.

Now that I have all of your attention, tell me about CocoaCay. How big is it and how many ships will be tendered that at once and will it be real crowded. Ive seen some say this is their favorite port of call. Any paticular reason for this.

Go to www.rccl.com

could you check my link to see if it takes you to my account. I did this the other day but I think I know how to fix it now.

With all respect I think RCCL is much more user friendly and had current prices instead of the Carnival $$ or $$$ which could mean anything between 50 to 150. Im an exact freak because I operate on vacation budgets. And found RCCL great. We are doing Navigator Dec 6 2008. Actually the way I search on RCCL is to go to ports and then to the Carribbean (or wherever) then go to wear you are landing. Then from that page go to the learn more about on the right and side and click shore and land excursions. Seems like a bit much but better info and pricing then from Carnivals website.

Peace

Tim:cool:

No one seems to have responded to this part of your original post.

Also can you not order liquor from RCCL in advance and have it sent to your room.

The answer is "no". You cannot order liquor to be sent to your room. You can order WINE, including champagne, in advance or once on board. You can order a drink from room service once you are on board.

But you may not carry liquor on board with you, nor buy it in a bottle on board and take it to your cabin.

I've seen them and the prices in browse - and my cruise isn't until Jan 09

On the browse it tells you fun things to do, but dont list what shore excursions are available and price range like carnival does. Does anyone know at what point you can book excursions.

I just needed some guidance from you guys, thats the beauty of cruise critics. When can I book excursions does anyone know.

You should be able to see "SOME" excursions available about 3-4 months before you sail. More will be visible as they get confirmed by the vendors. At the 45 day mark, they should all be there.

In the meantime, I'd browse them by port and print the ones you like. Some excursions go very quickly so it's best to plan ahead and get them as soon as RCI posts them.

Archived