Pub crawl on NCL?

Cali_Mum

It was advertised. I can't remember the price, but it seemed slightly cheaper than going around and getting the drinks yourself. It looked like an absolute hoot, and definitely seemed to be getting louder and more fun as the evening wore on.

Viv

This sounds like something my DH and I would love to do. Can you explain it more? How much did it cost and was it advertised in the daily?

It was advertised in the daily and was towards the end of the cruise. At each bar, the drinks were $3.50 each. (on the Pearl) You gave your key card at each bar where you wanted to drink or could pass and not drink at that bar. Our Roll Call group decided before the cruise that we wanted to do a pub crawl. So, we asked the CD to be sure to plan one. It was very fun and provided for some very interesting photos. :eek:

My husband did it on the Pride of Aloha a couple weeks ago, I'm not a drinker. The first scheduled one was cancelled due to lack of interest, then they offered it again on the sea day. It was $20 and had five stops, drinks were the bartenders choice and they seemed to have more than one at each stop. Thay had a blast, meeting new friends, drinking games, teasing, contests, getting louder along the way, etc. I followed along on a few of the stops to take pictures. He had alot of fun, and it was an early night for him.

We did this on the Dawn last year. No charge-you paid for your drinks at each bar. With each drink you bought, you got a raffle ticket. If you bought the "special drinks" at that bar you got additional tickets. They played fun games and got people to do goofy things for additional tickets. At the last stop, they drew for prizes. They had nice prizes, spa stuff, shirts, ncl stuff, and the grand prize was a shore excursion at the next port. I won the shore excursion and it was a great one in Mexico! A private beach thing with food and alcohol included. The only problem we had eith the whole thing was finding our cabin when it was all over!

Did this on the Pride of America this past October and it was a flat fee of $25.00/pp and it included all drinks. We stopped at six different spots. If you did not want a drink at one you could pass but you still paid the set fee.

Did this on the Pride of America this past October and it was a flat fee of $25.00/pp and it included all drinks. We stopped at six different spots. If you did not want a drink at one you could pass but you still paid the set fee.

Why would you NOT want a drink on a Pub Crawl:confused: :p

WOW, THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!. Off the Gem this past week and I never saw anything like that advertised. Although, one of our Roll Call members put together a favorite drink list of all the members and we had to see how many we could do throughout the week. As a family, I think we did pretty good.:rolleyes:

I've never been to one. I wonder if they will have one on the Pearl 5/04/08? Do you have to request one from the CD in advance?

I have been on several of their ships and they do not offer it on all. Don't think you can request it. If they do include it, they post it in the Freestyle Daily, along with Bingo, Deck party, wine tasting, ect..

On Pride of America last week it was $20 for 5 stops. I didn't participate but encountered them at two of their stops.

It seemed as though the drinks were set at each bar. i.e. The poolside bar had what looked like either a rum punch or strawberry daiquiri. The Waikiki bar had pina coladas I think.

Lots of crazy contests and everyone seemed to be having a grand time.

My only criticism was that several of the guys had invented a chant that was quite vulgar (and loud) and used the F word repeatedly. They chanted this as they marched from place to place, etc. Since it was a late afternoon event and youngsters were in the pool area I thought it was inappropriate. I thought the asst CD's running the thing might have discouraged it but they seemed to find it funny.

Aside from that it appeared everyone was in good "spirits"

Archived