Ventura naming ceremony

Madkitty

Does anyone know what time it starts and is it on the P&O site as I cant find any mention of it at all :confused:

Hi MadKitty,

Naming ceremony starts at 8pm.

Nothing yet on the P&O site but as it is likely to be a 'flash' page on the site so P&O can insert it very close to the time without too much difficulty.

I have to say the website is still currently showing that more information will be posted about the Naming Ceremony "nearer the time!" - can't get much nearer than now seeing as it is only 10 hours 30 minutes away.

Feebee_71 :)

Hi,

The ceremony should be live at the following link from 8pm

www.pocruises.com/designedforbritain/index.htm

There should also be an interview with Dame Helen on the One Show ( BBC1 7pm) and for those in the south there should be coverage from the day on the 6.30 BBC South news.

Cheers

A live web cast will be shown on this link from 8.10 to 8.30. There is a link to check if you can receive it.

i've been trying for 10 mins to get onto the site, won't let me in - must be overloaded!Grrrrrrrrr. Saw Dame Helen on the One Show earlier, guess I'll have to make do with that.

nope same here - I will cry if I dont see it :mad:

Guest Daimen

Very interesting naming ceremony there, loved the 'James Bond' type theme (they seemed to pull it off!).

Did anyone manage to capture it? BBC South news had a nice feature aswell @ 6.30pm.

Just seen it - unbelieveably corny!. How stupid to have a spoof terrorist type plot/mini show to preface the actual bottle smashing.

Some one should have had a quiet word with Esdale and said not the best idea in the current climate! and not the sort of thing that future cruisers wish to see / be reminded of /or have brought to their attention - idiot.

Silly boy - He should get a job as a stand in for Mr Bean!

Hugely disappointed as had being looking forward to it - mrs M62 not impressed either!!!

:mad: :mad:

What am I doing wrong, I can't get into the site at all. I only get the dreaded Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry you didn't miss much. But I loved Helen Mirren 's dress!

Thought it was well done and good PR, ok the fight scenes were a little too cheesy.... Actually they were very cheesy....:)

But they managed to get a lot of well known faces in there, spooks, moneypenny (where the he ll was dame Judy) and as for the Connery look alike with the 'Bu&&er Off.' Priceless.. Oh well, I enjoyed it..

What a sensational show. Certainly much more fun than the usual bottle ceremony. There are pictures at http://www.steve-read.co.uk/VenturaMirren

Once again great pictures Steve, looked like a fun event. Is it not odd how you get someone comes on here and has a go, I bet most of their other posts are anti P&O as well.

I liked you photos of a C deck cabin showing the extra large balconies.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived