Carnival stock - ship board credit?

cpayne

Does anyone know if you own 100+ shares of Carnival stock whether you get a ship board credit for each sailing? Royal has a similar program and wondering if Carnival did as well.

If so, can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it has been to obtain your credit and how much credit you receive for a one week sailing?

7 days...$100 shipboard credit. Right now good for sailings through June 2005, I think, and may or may not be extended.

Send a copy of your statement showing that you own 100 or more shares to your TA or to Carnival.

kkorman:)....im curious as to what experience you had where they wouldnt let you use both credits?....ive not yet tried to use two credits at once, but have heard where others have......you mighta landed the short enda the stick......ive seen where Celebrity cruisers have booked future cruises while onboard and received a credit and used those along with their stock credits.....maybe carnival is diff.....CPAYNE....the other thing i would tell you is to double check with the accounting department before you cruise to make SURE that they did credit your account with the $100....theyve been known to "lose" paperwork.....in that case make sure you have duplicate copies of everything to send them twice if needed:)

If you got ship board credit for anything else when booking you can only use one or the other.

That isn't correct. I have received multiple onboard credits including stock ownership and group amenities. Both will show up in your account under seperate line items.

If you go to the rules on the website or find a thread that was started here a few months ago, you will see when you can and can't use the credit. If you get $100 OBC for booking, you cannot use the stock credit. If you get $100 OBC for changing ports or for something that happened during your cruise, you can use it. So if there is a booking bonus of OBC, you take whichever is higher.

If you get $100 OBC for booking, you cannot use the stock credit. If you get $100 OBC for changing ports or for something that happened during your cruise, you can use it. So if there is a booking bonus of OBC, you take whichever is higher.

I have had BOTH OBC and stock ownership credits on the same sailing several times. They are issued by different departments.

We have always gotten both credits when sailing with Carnival. We get the $100 per cabin group credit and the $100 shareholder credit. It has been like this on at least 4 of my cruises with Carnival. Carnival does only allow 1 shareholder credit per room.

The stockholder's book states that the stock credit cannot be combined with other credits and may not apply to special reduced rates.

A couple of years ago I sailed with a group. This was a very large group and there were no free cabins, but instead the money was split between each pax. Carnival corp. allowed us both credits. This was on Hal, but the same same rules apply. I do know that the Ta worked with the cruise line to get the stock holders the credit.

The group cruise may be an exception in some cases. All other promos cannot be combined with the stock credit. You have your pick of which credit you want applied.

Every now and then I hear of someone who claims to have received two credits. I think this is probably a slip up on the cruise line's part and somehow it went through.

At one time the stock holders credit could be combined with others but I believe this was stopped about 5 years or so ago.

This past April I had a "to die for" last minute rate and they would not apply the stock credit because of the rate. This does not happen often but people should be aware that it is possible. I always sail on a reduced rate but this the first time the stock credit was not accepted. I didn't protest since the rate I was paying was unbelievable.

i guess a lot of it just depends on who you catch on the phone on that particular day:).......their rules also state that youre not allowed to use your stock credit to pay for your tips......however we always have and never had a problem doing so.......i totally didnt know about the reduced rate thang and not being given stock credit along with that.....i guess that rule can be stretched as well....cause we booked and sailed twice right after 9/11 on seriously cheap sailings and still used the stock credits.....id have to cry if they didnt allow me my stock credit:)

i guess a lot of it just depends on who you catch on the phone on that particular day:).......their rules also state that youre not allowed to use your stock credit to pay for your tips......however we always have and never had a problem doing so.......i totally didnt know about the reduced rate thang and not being given stock credit along with that.....i guess that rule can be stretched as well....cause we booked and sailed twice right after 9/11 on seriously cheap sailings and still used the stock credits.....id have to cry if they didnt allow me my stock credit:)

That was definitely a different scenario. They would have paid you to get on board!

The stock credit cannot be used for TA rates. I am not a TA, but shared a room with someone who was and was not able to use it. Many of these new rules may have been amended as the credit became more popular and after the whole Princess purchase.

So, I am not saying that people should not have gotten it, but don't be surprised if you are denied it under certain circumstances.

Archived