HELP anyone recently off the Pride?

THERAPYCRUISE

:confused: I have tried so hard to get what time the ship docks at PV. I want to book an excursion that leaves at 9:00am, the itinerary time says 8:00am arrival, I have gotten 3 answers to what time it is local. Some say 10:00am, 9:00am and 8:00am.:eek: I can only book if it is 8:00am. Can anyone recently off the Pride tell me what time it was locally whenyou got in? I am leaving in 4 weeks and very excited to do a wild dolphin tour:D . Any info would really help me.

Just thought of something...

Carnival Pride typically adjusts the ship time to be the same as the local port time, however, there was a brief window when the US went on Daylight Savings Time. Mexico also observes Daylight Savings Time but doesn't always become effective at the same time so there may have been a 1 hour time difference.

Now both countries are on DST so ship and port time should be the same.

You are not alone on being confused. PV is just barely in the Central Time zone. One of the streams in the city is where the boundary is. When we went down they did not change the ships time, but arrival and loading was to Central Time. If you book a tour yourself most vendors are giving you Central Daylight Time from the last weekend in April to the last weekend in October.

Thanks for the help. So does anybody have anybody have any advice on if I should go ahead and book this tour. It leaves from a different peir, about 10 min. away.:confused:

I still think I am correct. However, I would ask the tour operator to wake up earlier tomorrow or the next day to see what time the Pride actually pulls into port?

Then book the tour or not based on that information?

:confused: I have tried so hard to get what time the ship docks at PV. I want to book an excursion that leaves at 9:00am, the itinerary time says 8:00am arrival, I have gotten 3 answers to what time it is local. Some say 10:00am, 9:00am and 8:00am.:eek: I can only book if it is 8:00am. Can anyone recently off the Pride tell me what time it was locally whenyou got in? I am leaving in 4 weeks and very excited to do a wild dolphin tour:D . Any info would really help me.

Don't worry too much about times, the ship will arrive P.V. at 7am. We do the Dolphin Swim in the morning and Rythms of the Night tour in the evening over at Las Caletas. You have alot of time there to do what ever you want.

Private Tour operators will be waiting for you outside of the gates.

This is the time there right now, its currrenlty 7:41 am in California so its a 2 hour difference from California. So what ever time you get there, the Tour Operators know to stay with Ships time etc. They do this weekly.

Local time in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is 9:41 AM, Thursday, Apr 17, 2008

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)-5:00

Fred

PV time is 1 hour ahead of ship's time on the Pride. When the ship's clock says 8:00 a.m. it is 9:00 a.m. PV time. I have done this route about 8 times now, the last one being this past New Year's. Long Beach, the port you leave from is on Pacific time, Mazatlan and Cabos are on Mountain time and PV is on Central time. You set your watch 1 hour FORWARD going down (and lose an hour of sleep) and after Cabos, you set it 1 hour back (and gain that hour back.) Your watch will match the shore time in Cabos and Mazatlan. Best advise is ask the tour operator. They know if they can do it or not. The times they print for the interary are only approximations of when they really get there.

Enjoy

Ron

Archived