Why Canival?

dmarch@islc.net

Just returned from RCI cruise. Carnival's food beats RCI's hands down! Ther service I found to be a tie. I'll let you know about Princess when I get back from my cruise there next September. As far as entertainment, RCI seemed to close up at 11:00 each night. I'll take Carnival's nightlife any time over RCI.

I feel that the food probably isn't the issue, but maybe a higher level of service on some of the other lines. Personally, I love the more fun atmosphere and entertainment being provided by Carnival vs. the other lines. I have sailed Celebrity, but felt my age on that cruise. On Carnival, I feel like the young adult I should be :)

Haven't you asked this question before, a while back? (If it wasn't you, I apologize.) Who cares what they say on other forums? Especially when some of the negative comments come from people who have never even cruised with Carnival. Let them make jokes if they want to; we have firsthand experience with Carnival and know what's true and what isn't. We've gone on RCI; the food is better on Carnival. Service was fine on RCI for the most part, but one of the worst cabin stewards we've ever had happened to be on the Grandeur of the Seas (RCI). We've had mostly great service on Carnival, with one exception, our waiter on the Victory. Overall, service has been very good on both RCI and Carnival. Honestly, Carnival is my preferred cruiseline, and we only cruise on RCI when it's cheaper than a similar Carnival ship on a similar itinerary. Maybe if you cruise during the off season the prices are closer, but in late May Carnival is usually priced lower than RCI, Celebrity, Princess. For future cruises, we'll definitely consider Princess, especially now that Carnival owns them. ;)

I've done RCL for two cruises in the eighties and they were great!

Have down one RCL inthe nineties and was disappointed!

Tried 4 CCL'S in 21st century and have been happy!

Fact is there are very few bad cruises!

Why not Carnival? It would be sad if all the cruise lines were the same. No one line can please everyone. Different cruise lines please different people, but in the end, hopefully, we're all happy.

As it happens, Carnival is not for me. But loads of people love it, so they're obviously doing things right.

Some people like chocolate ice cream, and others prefer vanilla. It doesn't mean one is better than the other.

Just my opinion.:)

Lisa

Ditto. Why not Carnival? I've cruised RCI, Princess and Carnival and all of them had something to offer. Usually which line we cruise is determined by price, time of year, itinerary and availablity of balcony cabins. We've never had a bad cruise on any of the lines, including Carnival.

It's the blunt of a lot of jokes on other forems. It's really no cheaper than Princess, Celebrity, or RCL. Why not go on a line that has better food and service?

That's illegal here in the states. Your mistake is the brunt of my joke. :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't really care what people on other forums (not forems) have to say about Carnival. Most have probably never cruised on a Carnival ship anyway.

I've cruised on Princess and NCL, and obviously prefer Carnival for a variety of reasons. I have enjoyed all my cruises on all three lines, and would never knock down another line. To each their own preference.

The food is definitely better on Carnival, and I have never been disappointed in the service, from cabin stewards to headwaiters. :)

It's the blunt of a lot of jokes on other forems. It's really no cheaper than Princess, Celebrity, or RCL. Why not go on a line that has better food and service?
While I don't look at price as the deciding factor you might want to check other sources if you think the price of an average Carnival cruise is the same as the price of an average Celebrity cruise.

But more important to us than price is value. An inexpensive bad cruise is no bargain.

Carnival offers a good value and a great cruise experience....if you're ready to have one. So do all the other lines in their own way, that's why they're still in business.

I really think that more important than which line, which ship, where it goes, whos's on it or how much it costs is ...well....US!

The ships, itineraries, and for the most part the crew are the same week after week. It's US that changes and US that had a good or bad cruise.

Why Carnival?

Oh that's simple: Just More Fun

I guess it must be the kid in us. We'd rather go on a Carnival Cruise than go on a Royal Caribbean or Norwegian or Celebrity or Holland. For that one week every other year, we can have fun without worrying about what other people think of us. We can watch the corny hairy chest contest and secretely wish that we had the guts to participate too. We can watch the same lame spoon contest each time and know that there will be a bent spoon at the end. Half of the fun of it is knowing what's going to happen next. We feel at home with these kinds of fellow passengers. Not sipping tea and eating crumpets on the high seas.

Yes, we do clean up well for formal nights too. I take my tux and DW takes her sequins. I wouldn't think of wearing shorts in the dining room on a Carnival ship any more than I would on the more "upscale" lines. Contrary to popular belief on the other boards, I have never seen anybody carrying around an empty beer can to spit tobacco juice in either. We that cruise Carnival do so because we enjoy a more active life than what is offered on the other lines. The next time you cruise, take a look at the ships that you pass as you leave the port. You can't hear a peep coming from the other ships unless it's a Carnival ship. Most of the time, you won't even see other passengers onboard. Carnival ships will have passengers waving from all the balconies, the Lido Deck, the bow, anywhere and everywhere. :D

im sure someone will argue this with me, but if you take a looksie at most any of the surveys that are taken by cruise magazines or cruise message boards, im pretty sure more times than not Carnival will finish below most other cruiselines when it comes to rating service and food.....obviously if this survey was done on a Carnival message board the outcome would be diff.......but anyways, i gotta believe there is somethin to it when a wider spectrum of cruisers are polled and the results generally show Carnival as comin up a bit short on service and food..............as far as Carnival being no more cheaply priced than Celebrity and RCL, errrrr im not so sure about that one..............food and service alone just doesnt score important enough with many people to dictate which line they cruise on.....a good many americans would choose hamburgers over steak as well as choose the casual atmosphere of Mcdonalds rather than dressing up for Mortons.....so that helps to explain why bunches would rather sail Carnival......plus, it'll give ya a headache if you try to rationalize some of the nonsensical stuff that peoples do.......obese people continuing to eat too much....smokers continuing to smoke.....people in debt continuing to spend more.....some crazy stuff goin on out thar:)........

We have found the food on Carnival to be better than what we have had on the other ships we have sailed. Also feel that their 24 hour pizza and ice cream are a plus and that they have lemonade and fruit punch available. Service has been comparable on all the ships. There are good and bad points to each ship and line that will appeal or detract to particular cruisers. The food and service can vary quite a bit from one ship to another even within one cruise line. You just have to try them all and see what feels good and make your own judgements.

We that cruise Carnival do so because we enjoy a more active life than what is offered on the other lines. The next time you cruise, take a look at the ships that you pass as you leave the port.

Many times I have run into other passengers from other ships in port, who happened to be near us in the previous port, stating they could hear excitement coming from our ship, while they we having nothing. They seemed sort of envious.

I also remember Cory Schmidt, upon sailing from port, telling everyone up on deck to "hide" as we pass other ships, and then when he gives his mark, everyone shout and yell and hoot and holler at the other ships.

I thought that was quite funny.

Hello all you Carnival people. I'm a newbie to the board, so please bear with me. I''m looking at a New England from NYC next July on the Triumph. I have cruised twice but never yet with Carnival. If you could help me with a couple of question, I'd appreciate it.

What about the food? The atmosphere? Are there alot of children on board?

Is the Carnival line more for a younger age group? Twenty something?

How does the Triumph compare to some of the larger ships of other lines? I really don't know much about the ships. Are the balcony cabins comfortable as far as size and privacy on the balcony? Where is the best balcony cabin?

Sorry to ask so many question right away.

Also, are they really that strict about bringing beverages on board?

Thanking all of you in advance for the help.

I have said before on these boards that it is not necessarily the cruise line that is fun, but the people on board at the particular time and your openness to have this fun. I just did 4 back to backs on Princess and had 4 different crowds on board. Each week was a totally different experience. The activities and staff were the same, but the people were different. FOr me, I had more fun than on any other cruise I have been on.

I have said before on these boards that it is not necessarily the cruise line that is fun, but the people on board at the particular time and your openness to have this fun. I just did 4 back to backs on Princess and had 4 different crowds on board. Each week was a totally different experience. The activities and staff were the same, but the people were different. FOr me, I had more fun than on any other cruise I have been on.

Nicely put!

Archived