Why No Public Clocks on Balmoral?

Guest Anorak33

Guest Anorak33

Well OK there is one I found, by the reception desk on deck 6 midships but it wasn't always right by any means.

The clock on the TV screen in the cabins was usually wrong as they didn't seem to adjust it for the time changes as we went from one timezone to another.

I wouldn't have noticed the lack of clocks so much but my trusty 40 year old Timex decided to die on the second day of our cruise.

On a ship like Balmoral you need to know the time, its not like there is freestyle dining on FO is it? Events run to time on FO.

So there you are in the jacuzzi on deck 11, no watch on as there is nothing like a 100 degree F jacuzzi for ruining even an allegedly waterproof watch. How do you know when its time to get out to get ready for dinner? Apart from the imminent heatstroke and heart attack coming on of course from staying in too long.

Every other ship I've ever been on has clocks all over the place, especially on the sun decks and by the pool.

I am pretty sure NCL would have had them on this ship when they owned it as the Crown, why would Fred have taken them off?

Archived