Coral Sands Beach Resort "doable" after an excursion that ends at 2:00pm?

Island Annie

I have already booked an excursion to the Maruba Jungle spa in Belize, that tells me they will have me back to the "tourism Village" by 2:00-2:30.pm.

I'm wondering if there will be enough time to take a boat over to Coral sands Beach Resort, check it out, and get back to the "tourismVillage"

(where the tenders dock) in time for a 3:00 tender to my ship that departs Belize at 4:30?

And is it "safe" to do this on my own?

Any advise?

Annie

The tender is 20 minutes from the tourist village- not 10 minutes. They say you have to arrange a water taxi through Coral Sands Resort.. I also have a dive excursion that will be done around 2 and I would like to do the same thing.. I am just going to take the tender from the ship to the tourist village and look around for the water taxi kiosk- Im sure we can work out something with the water taxi operator. I dont have a definite time when my excursion will be done.

So already, that is 40 minutes of travel time- thats if they leave on time and there are no other delays.

Lucky you- going to Maruba!! I saw that spa on Worlds Greatest Spas and it was so exotic and beautiful.. They have a mood mud treatment that uses 6 diffrent mood muds all over your body- it looked really cool.

Crockett,

Thanks for the info. So you think there's a water taxi kiosk at the tourism village where the tenders dock? Where did you find this information?

Also, since I am a single female, traveling alone . . . Do you think it would be safe for me to go to water caye/coral sands by myself? (I've read some comments that the crime rate is rather high in Belize, and that you should not go off on your own). But I think they may have been talking about Belize City.

Do you have web addresses for any good infomation about Belize, or water caye, or Coral Sands?

When do YOU leave for your cruise? I'd love to read a review when you get back.

see ya,

Annie

I doubt you will have time to do this if you don't get back to the tourism village from Marabu until 2:00. Since it's 40 minutes travel time that would only leave you 10 minutes to look around. Plus, I don't think that Coral Sands offers continous back and forth water taxis. You have to make arrangements directly with them...not the public water taxi kiosk. I think they pick up in front of some hotel near the tourism village. I wouldn't risk it if you have to be on a 3:00 tender to your ship. Here is the website for their resort: http://www.coralsandsbelize.com

Crockett,

Thanks for the info. So you think there's a water taxi kiosk at the tourism village where the tenders dock? Where did you find this information?

Also, since I am a single female, traveling alone . . . Do you think it would be safe for me to go to water caye/coral sands by myself? (I've read some comments that the crime rate is rather high in Belize, and that you should not go off on your own). But I think they may have been talking about Belize City.

Do you have web addresses for any good infomation about Belize, or water caye, or Coral Sands?

When do YOU leave for your cruise? I'd love to read a review when you get back.

see ya,

Annie

For any specific information, please feel free to contact me at marketing@coralsandsbelize.com or visit our website at http://www.coralsandsbelize.com

Thank you

Archived