Transportation tickets in Hamilton

Sidetracker

Are you talking about bus passes? If so you can get them right at the bus terminal. Sorry I don't remember the name of the street it's on. But it's up about 2 blocks from where you'll dock.

I am talking about the ferry/bus transportation passes. Can anyone direct me to where I purchase them in Hamilton - at the bus terminal? at the ferry dock? :confused:

I am talking about the ferry/bus transportation passes. Can anyone direct me to where I purchase them in Hamilton - at the bus terminal? at the ferry dock? :confused:

You can get them at the bus terminal which is next to City Hall on Church Street.

Don't know what ship you are on but many times you can purchase them right on the ship before you dock. They have a limited amount so sometimes they run out and you have to purchase them in port. Check once you board to see if your ship has them and purchase right away.

Sorry, just saw you're on the Dream.

I assume they will tender you to the dock in Hamilton. I can't think of any alternative. In the cruise terminal building on the dock they sell the transportation passes. That is where they sold them when I took ships that docked in Hamilton. Some ships also sell them at the pursers desk.

You could also get them at the bus terminal but you would be best getting the passes on the dock or on the ship. If you just want bus tokens and not the pass, those I would get those at the bus terminal. I found on most Bermuda trips that it was cheaper to get the tokens than the pass. Depends on your plans.

I assume they will tender you to the dock in Hamilton. I can't think of any alternative. In the cruise terminal building on the dock they sell the transportation passes. That is where they sold them when I took ships that docked in Hamilton. Some ships also sell them at the pursers desk.

You could also get them at the bus terminal but you would be best getting the passes on the dock or on the ship. If you just want bus tokens and not the pass, those I would get those at the bus terminal. I found on most Bermuda trips that it was cheaper to get the tokens than the pass. Depends on your plans.

Thanks for the info. I will try to get the passes on board. If not, I will try to get them at cruise terminal - Any one know if the cruise terminal is still open :confused:

Thanks for the info. I will try to get the passes on board. If not, I will try to get them at cruise terminal - Any one know if the cruise terminal is still open :confused:

I don't think anyone can say for sure until someone gets back this year but there are two terminals in Hamilton and it is hard to imagine how they would handle the tendering from the ship to shore without passing the passengers through one of the cruise terminals. Bermuda screens all passengers returning to the ships for ID, do random bag searches, and lookout for passengers taking forbidden items like fruit or food from the ship to shore. So I think they would have to maintain one of the cruise terminals to handle those functions.

Archived