When you fly into FLL, but leave out of MIA...

Bert64

Just curious as to what most people do. We're going on the Valor out of Miami in November and it's over $100 cheaper per person to fly into FLL as opposed to MIA.

So when you fly into FLL, do you get your pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale or Miami?

Who needs a pre cruise hotel in November?

But if you do and there are just 2 of you, I would Priceline a 4 star in the Downtown Miami zone and take GO shuttle shared ride to the Miami hotel.

Why wouldn't I need a pre-cruise hotel in November?? :confused:

I don't know about anyone else, but with flights getting cancelled left and right, luggage getting lost, delays, etc., I'm not risking coming in DAY of ever again.

I would do what the other poster suggested and take the GO shuttle to Miami and overnight there. I am in agreement with you as far as flying in the day before. In todays environment I would never fly in to any city on the day of the cruise. Way too risky. As a matter of fact the last several cruises that we have taken, we have flown in 3 days prior and just made a longer vacation out of it. Especially when we sail out of Ft Lauderdale.

We went on the Valor last march out of Miami, To avoid missing the ship, we flew in a day early, for cheaper fares we flew into FLL. We stayed at Dania near FLL, they picked us up at the airport, and took us back there in the morning where we cought the shuttle down to Miami. Was cheapest way, was on the Valor and had buffet lunch before noon. We chose to stay near FLL for our hotel because the prices where cheaper and the transports were cheaper and we found a hotel in a safe place that was clean.

As I mentioned in another post, we like to stay in Fort Lauderdale, even when cruising out of Miami like we did last month. There seems to be so much more to do (that we like!) and we're familiar with how to get around the town.

We like Fort Lauderdale Beach, the water taxi, and the Las Olas area for shopping and dining, as well as the hotels.

The money we saved flying and staying in Fort Lauderdale allowed us to hire a limo to get us to the port and back! There are 4 of us, so the price was only a little more than messing around with a shared shuttle.

We used LARRY'S LIMO, and they were GREAT!

http://www.larryslimo.com/Vehicles/Vehicles.htm

Archived