What kind of crowd?

Markk

What kind of crowd can we expect on Carnival the week before Christmas. It is the only time we can go. I imagine their won't be alot of kids because school will still be on. We are leaving from Puerto Rico. Tried Royal Caribean two years ago and I'd say the crowd was mostly seniors, and unfortunately most of them were very very very cranky, and very wealthy. Lots of jewels. (Do those go hand in hand?!?!?!?!?)

Didn't let it spoil our cruise although we stopped taking the elevator so we could stop hearing all the complaining.

Just hoping for a happier crowd, of any age.

Thanks.

I would think the ship would be loaded with kids. Most schools have extended Christmas holidays. Our school and most of them in the whole Houston area have over 2 weeks and sometimes 3 off from school. This year our kids get out Dec. 17 and go back after New Years. Alot of schools may have that whole week off prior the Christmas and sometimes people just go ahead and pull their kids out of school early to vacation. Something to think about but since it is your only time to cruise.........go for it and enjoy!

I've cruised twice immediately before Christmas, once on Conquest out of New Orleans & once on Spirit out of Miami. My main reason for cruising at those times were that the prices were significantly lower. There were more children than I expected, but they were absolutely no problem on either cruise. Carnival has lots of activities for the kids, so they were kept well entertained & supervised. They spent a lot of time practicing for the special program that they presented the last night of the cruise. There was a good mix of different ages on these cruises although there appeared to be a greater number of extended families (grand parents, parents, kids) cruising together for their holidays. There were also appeared to be a significant number ofsingles on both cruises. I took my 21 year old niece & her friend on the Conquest cruise & they had absolutely no problem finding new friends or having fun. They were in the disco every night until 3 am, & I'm pretty sure they weren't down there listening to the old crowd gripe. Have a great time on your cruise. By the way, I didn't see any excessive amount of jewels on either cruise.

Archived