Boarding time on the Voyager

What would the best time to be in line to board the Voyager out of Galveston? My eDocs listed 1PM as the boarding time.

Thank you very much.

We were on the 2/24 sailing and they had trouble with the machines, so we were in line for HOURS!! We had RCI transfers from our hotel so we had to arrive when they decided. When we got to the port we sat on the bus for 30 minutes waiting. If we had been on our own we would have been there at 1130. There's a chance you could be waiting a long time if they have a delay in didembarkation of passengers, but you will be on the ship earlier than if you wait until afternoon. You just never know how it will go. Sometimes you wait and other times you walk right on.

Have a fun! We loved the Voyager.

We were on the 2/24 sailing and they had trouble with the machines, so we were in line for HOURS!!
Wow - we were also on this sailing and were on board before noon. Got to the cruise terminal around 11:15 and by the time we checked in (took all of 10 minutes) and went over the the Diamond waiting area they started boarding.

We have cruises out of Galveston 3 times and always been on board by noon. But on one of those cruises (Splendour - Jan 2007) we didn't return until nearly 3:00pm because of a medical emergency after we left Cozumel causing us to turn back around. I wouldn't have wanted to be those poor people waiting to board when we got off. It was a madhouse then.

You might try to get there earlier. We were on the March 30 sailing and arrived at 11:30 - no lines and they were allowing passengers to board. But we waited until our traveling companion returned from dropping of the Hertz rental car - that alone took over an hour. By that time (just before 1pm), it took us over an hour to clear security screening and the regular check-in line. We must have caught the peak embarkation period - oh well. The C&A platinum or higher, and suites, had priority lines with virtually no wait the entire time - great way to go if you qualify.

Have a great cruise - we sure did. Everything about the Voyager was great! And don't forget to check out the ice show - was one of the highlights of the trip.

Wow - we were also on this sailing and were on board before noon. Got to the cruise terminal around 11:15 and by the time we checked in (took all of 10 minutes) and went over the the Diamond waiting area they started boarding.

We have cruises out of Galveston 3 times and always been on board by noon. But on one of those cruises (Splendour - Jan 2007) we didn't return until nearly 3:00pm because of a medical emergency after we left Cozumel causing us to turn back around. I wouldn't have wanted to be those poor people waiting to board when we got off. It was a madhouse then.

Lucky you to live so close to the port! Yes, by the time we arrived at the port on Sunday there didn't appear to be much of a line outside the terminal, but by the time we were allowed off of the bus, the line was all the way past the garage like areas where the luggage was waiting, then the line wound all the way around inside..2 abreast. Tempers were flaring and it was hot in there! Once we made it through the security checks and scanners we checked in and walked right on. Next trip we are Platinum so are looking forward to priority check-in :D . I wouldn't mind sailing on Voyager again. I thought it was very well maintained for the age and the service was impeccible. I wasn't thrilled with the port... not that attractive (sorry:o ) but it was nice to sail out of Texas.. different mix of passengers which was a nice change from Miami:) .

according to a friend who works at the embarkation desk...the norm for boarding is 11...can be a few minutes earlier or up to an hour later....we try to arrive at the port at around 10:45...that can change should the ship arrive late or if the customs authority ( I guess it is called Homeland Security now) does one of its "everyone" including the crew...has to go through customs...that happens about every 90 days....

We have sailed out of Galveston all but twice. We board after 2pm to allow disembarking passengers time to clear the port and the ship staff to clean the cabins and common areas.

We have boarded in minutes with no wait time and gone directly to our cabin with our luggage, which we have carried on.

I realize everyone is anxious to be on the ship, but considering what the staff must due to make it ready for the next group is an unbelievably huge task. Waiting another hour or two does not diminish the joy of sailing.

We don't even open the doors until 11am. Usual time for embarkation is about 11:30-12:00. Rooms aren't ready until 1:00.
I was telling one poster on another thread that you were out there and might be of a lot of help about Voyager out of Galveston. Glad you jumped in!

We don't even open the doors until 11am. Usual time for embarkation is about 11:30-12:00. Rooms aren't ready until 1:00.

Thank you cruiseloverandagent. I posted this question hoping you will answer it.

Jimpop, I am leaving on the same cruise with you but I will be too busy with my kids to join the M&M. I'll try to say hi when I see you.

Archived