Does Size Really Matter??

Does Size Really Matter?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Does Size Really Matter?

• Bigger is Always Better!
    • It's Not the Size of The Ship~ It's the Motion of the Ocean!
    • Size has Nothing To Do With It.
    • It's What Ship You Are On But Who You Are With!!

We've been on the Voyager class twice and last year on Liberty. They were great cruises but compared to our cruises on Jewel they felt crowded. I definitely prefer the Radiance class ships. We're giving Mariner a shot this August because many people here rave about how great a ship it is.

We've been on Freedom, Voyager class (several), the tiny Empress, and Enchantment to name a few sizes. Each cruise has a charm all it's own. To me it is who you are with that makes the cruise. We have enjoyed every one of ours, regardless of size of the ship. Each is a different type of experience. We have loved them all!

I have been on the Sovereign class, Vision and the Freedom Class. It really does not matter what size the ship for us. It is more about a vacation and having a good time. If we are cruising with friends it really is not about the ship at all it is more about being with friends and finding a ship that goes where and when we can go. Other times it is about the price, work schedule working with the cruiselines schedule or even the itinerary.

With the recent Genesis Announcement from RCCL I would like to know if the size of the ship really matters? I want to know what's important to you? So please vote and give an explanation to your answer. Thank you!

Ron I voted then read the posts....didn't realize the question was about....ships :eek: :o

With the recent Genesis Announcement from RCCL I would like to know if the size of the ship really matters? I want to know what's important to you? So please vote and give an explanation to your answer. Thank you!

I didn't vote because my option is not on it.

Initially I was excited about the Genesis but looking at the first pics I don't think I will be pushing to sail her.

I may one day but I probably will not force the issue. I think it is truly a resort style cruising and I won't have the feeling being on a ship anymore.

The Voyager Class is borderline for me. In September I sail the Freedom just to say "I have been on the Freedom Class".

In the future I'd sail the Voyager Class, Freedom Class and "Genesis" Class when a good deal comes up or no other options are available on smaller ships. The Vision and Radiance Class are perfect for me.

I'm with FL Cruiser also -- my option isn't there. I love the Radiance class ships; don't care for the voyage class ships; have been on Freedom and Liberty but wouldn't book them. I'm not at all impressed with Genesis. If I want to see the park, I'll go to the park. I want to see the ocean when I cruise. We leave on our 40th cruise with RCI this Saturday but I have booked a Celebrity cruise next February. To me, bigger is NOT better!

I couldn´t vote because I think yes Size matters, but it´s not bigger is better it´s smaller is better I think. Now I´m not talking about real small ships but Radiance class is a perfect midsized ship these days.

Well said...DITTO!!!

BILL

We first went on Sovereign and it was perfect for a 3-4 day. We did a 7 day on Empress of the Sea and by Day 5, I thought I was having cabin fever. It was just too small for a 7 day. Admittedly, it might have been because it was an older ship.

Then we went on Mariner and have enjoyed her 5 times. Loved the bigger ship with more amenities. In 3 weeks we are on the Liberty and are impressed with the on board stuff. The crowd sort of make it for us. My DW and I are both in people intensive jobs, so being able to hide in a crowd is a wonderful thing.

I will be posting the results in the next issue of the Critter Compass. The Critter Compass is for those people who have signed up for our Genesis Group Cruise. If interested please stop by and sign up! Also, a copy of my article may be viewed on my blog site at a later date. The blog address is below in my signature.:)

Didnt vote either, my option wasnt there. Altho bigger is better I think my limit will be the Voyager class and smaller. My almost 16 and almost 20yo's want to go on a Freedom class and support the idea of the even bigger Genesis class. I was very excited about Genesis but it has since dwindled, truthfully. It will be way too crowded and way too many kids. I loveeeeeee kids but the bigger the ships get the more they will cater to families and large groups and thats not why we love cruising. I will most likely go on a freedom class, like another poster said, 'just to say I was on it' and to form my own opinion. As for Genesis, not so excited anymore.

Didnt vote either, my option wasnt there. Altho bigger is better I think my limit will be the Voyager class and smaller. My almost 16 and almost 20yo's want to go on a Freedom class and support the idea of the even bigger Genesis class. I was very excited about Genesis but it has since dwindled, truthfully. It will be way too crowded and way too many kids. I loveeeeeee kids but the bigger the ships get the more they will cater to families and large groups and thats not why we love cruising. I will most likely go on a freedom class, like another poster said, 'just to say I was on it' and to form my own opinion. As for Genesis, not so excited anymore.

Thank you for your feedback!!

Size doesn't matter to me. It depends on where the ship is going, who I am sailing with or which extras that the ship has. I like exploring a variety of ports as much as exploring the ship. My two favorite ships are Explorer and Monarch.

lol....I figured as much from you!!;) That's a different poll for a different board!! :D

It's only because we know you so well ron, but we luv ya. I wanted to post before James because I have no idea what he will have to say!

I am very excited to go on this cruise, and I know it will be very crowded, but you can always find someplace for a peaceful moment. But most of all I am looking forward to the companionship and fun with my favorite guy, and my new friends here!:)

Archived